Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 2:09:58 PM(UTC)
scottc

Groups: Registered

The Ice machine just stopped working. I tested the water solenoid by appling 120v to it and it energized and feed water to the ice machine basing which had been "Dry".

When I tested for 120v at the solenoid there was none when I had the wires just pushed onto the soleniod, but when I removed the wire bracket and just test for 120v across the wire bracket it showed 120v across the orange and white wires. I had 120v to ground from the white wire and nothing on the orange wire (which I believe is the ground wire.

I am thinking that what ever controls this 120v supply must "not" be completely "made". It might be just passing the 120v on the white wire with no load. But when a load is attached (ie: soleniod) there isn't enough of a contact to properly pass the 120v.

So I think I need to know where and what controls the 120v to the soleniod that is located at the lower left back hand corner of the refrigerator.

Thanks for any assitance that you give me.

Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scottc  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:13:43 PM(UTC)
scottc

Originally Posted by: scottc Go to Quoted Post
The Ice machine just stopped working. I tested the water solenoid by appling 120v to it and it energized and feed water to the ice machine basing which had been "Dry".

When I tested for 120v at the solenoid there was none when I had the wires just pushed onto the soleniod, but when I removed the wire bracket and just test for 120v across the wire bracket it showed 120v across the orange and white wires. I had 120v to ground from the white wire and nothing on the orange wire (which I believe is the ground wire.

I am thinking that what ever controls this 120v supply must "not" be completely "made". It might be just passing the 120v on the white wire with no load. But when a load is attached (ie: soleniod) there isn't enough of a contact to properly pass the 120v.

So I think I need to know where and what controls the 120v to the soleniod that is located at the lower left back hand corner of the refrigerator.

Scott

I do not know what controls the soleniod. can some help
tbn3  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:04:03 PM(UTC)
tbn3

Originally Posted by: scottc Go to Quoted Post

Scott

I can tell you I've had the same problem with everything checking ok. Found out that the water line coming into refrigerator was just a tiny bit kinked! Once I straightened the line and made sure when I pushed refrigerator back it had NO occlusions, and also made sure no ice build up at all where it comes out and into receiving tray, AND cleaned all the surface area where ice is made and then "pushed/turned" into that receiving tray....it worked fine.
Never would have thought it would be that easy. May not be your problem but I am definitely glad I checked that line before doing anything else. :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply