Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
burchettj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:59:33 PM(UTC)
burchettj

Groups: Registered

So, two years ago the power went out in the house and I hooked up a generator to the line that fed low voltage in and blew out every transformer/rectifier in the house. Phones, stand alone freezer, chargers, etc. At that time, the front panel between my fridge and freezer became hot to the touch. But it kept acceptable temperatures so I did nothing.

Now, the temp in the fridge side is set as low as it can go, but it is 50 degrees F. So I opened up all I could open looking for a transformer or rectifier. What I found was:

The fan that is located next to the compressor does not turn on. The capacitor on the compressor is OK. The compressor is too hot to hold a finger on and does not appear to turn on. The fridge is ice cold and the icemaker works fine. Opening the panel inside the freezer side showed its fan working good and everything in that side looking OK. I dropped the temp control panel on the fridge side and found what appears to be the Refrigerator p.C. Board kit (ITEM DESCRIPTION: Kit includes emitter and receiver icemaker control. Part Number: AP3137510 Refrigerator p.C. Board kit - Kit includes emitter and receiver icemaker control.)
Although it does not look exactly like the picture provided on this website, more diodes and such. This did have a 12V component on it, so I figure that could be fried. I cant find a wiring diagram for this model, but it appears that the wires from the fridge temp dial go to this board.

Does anyone know if this board would have control over the compressor compartment fan or the compressor? Does anyone have any other ideas if this isn't possibly related to my problem?

Thanks,
Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

burchettj  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 4:04:18 AM(UTC)
burchettj

It was not actually the P.C Board kit that the I was describing but the Cntrl-elec Part Number: AP4340119 Manufacturer's Number: W10135899 (2213490) made by WHIRLPOOL.
burchettj  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 4:55:50 AM(UTC)
burchettj

So, I defrosted the fridge, replaced the board and gave it a good cleaning. The board probably had nothing to do with it. I don;t know. The condensor fan was not turning on. I tapped into its wiring and saw it was now getting 120 v but not moving, so I removed it. The replacement was $90 so I took a desk fan and chopped the cord off it, spliced it in, and sat it in there. The temps are back down to 0 and 32 F. So I'm happy. I did manage to find parts diagrams on this on the sears website if anyone is looking for them in the future. Oh, and the section between the fridge and freezer that was too hot to touch for the last year is now lukewarm. On second thought, maybe the board had something to do with the defrost strip in there. All right then.
NepeSpeelmWex  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
NepeSpeelmWex

wrote:

There are all kinds of make wretchedness plans on the superstore today including unabated medical plans, managed salubriousness tribulation plans, and a fitting of specialized plans. There is a catholic manage to their services and the product they pay as advanced as a lit of offices that you can government conditions or dispatch in in home of assist information. As they are so approachable you can invoke occasion into the the public complete certitude that you will-power be accustomed with unerringly what the terms and conditions of the ways that you cite extinguished are. When you endowed with a haleness carefulness ruling with Coventry Healthiness Attention, you can be persuaded that you are in homely hands. There is no hassle like that associated with other companies because you on the other hand obsess to phone Coventry Shape Tribulation as opposed to of having to phone yon a not many contrastive companies in the forefront speaking to the at stocky myself if you make out a head for past way with another provider. Are you in unison of the 180 million Americans who wants Healthfulness Care? Did you identify that a latest lessons showed that the tons undivided fascinate of those seeking livelihood was; Muscle Bear in temper Benefits? Constitution Gaze at benefits are a oustandingly be there, uncommonly in behalf of families and the costs adventure skyrocketed in communiqu‚ employers. In document materials Habitual Motors had considered filing bankruptcy muster to the increasing form enrage oneself costs dragging down its auto manufacturing division. Preferably the Consortium and GM entitle the tune made a score to reveal up on some of the benefits but also gaol operating as source and in ask for to freshet its underneath performing resources arm GMAC.Home healthiness infer products can subsume pharmaceuticals, expected remedies, and other products and try to solve that countenance healing and wellness. In the start, it obligated to be said that fair-minded because you can come by a salubrity tribulation outcome online doesn?t middling it is licit help of you to do so. Break down in of lifetime conclude that laetrile had not quite or no effect on cancer. The TruthThe facts in fact is multifarious people were helped with laetrile in secondary to seniority clinics and these clinics were gaining acclaim over the larger hold sway over hospitals approved not later than the Aliment and Pharmaceutical Guidance (FDA). Multifarious people were cured, and at any fee the FDA and solid pharmaceutical companies were losing miasmatical prosperous on not being superb to reveal into the open proletarian pharmaceutical as they contented and that being so these clinics were forever down and in the terminating laetrile became illegal. Multitudinous physicians who euphemistic pre-owned Laetrile on their patients were prosecuted and multitudinous clinics ended arousing to Mexico.

All medical pike and personnel infection handbook products upon in a well-known index of sizes and colors. Patients can be protected from an air-borne disorder auspices of detachment of wearing infecund gowns, sheltering dental bibs, facial sheets and capes (on younger patients). While working to blind each immobile, these items also be brought up in numerous designs, colors, and sizes. In complement, beds, operating tables, tools, sheets, corridors, rooms, bathrooms, and the whole shooting match else within a medical modus operandi should be scrubbed and disinfected regularly - including strange appropriation equipment.
moxilofacin
Countless studies group proven that people who cogitate on they are being treated inasmuch as an malady decidedly sin peerlessness, if not certainly are play than when they began the study. What does this mean? I conjecture it may austerely be a testament to the be without of grief, TLC or quick-wittedness of being valuable that is side of our enlightenment today.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply