Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kencc@bellsouth.net  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:05:31 PM(UTC)
kencc@bellsouth.net

Groups: Registered

Have a Kenmore Elite, over and under, model #596.72283200 Fridge that stopped defrosting about two months ago. I cleaned the coils, vents and grills, tried resetting the ADC (Automatic Defrost Controller) controller by pressing the light switch 5 times within 6 seconds and totally defrosted the freezer with no improvement. Freezing up reoccurs within 7 to 10 days without fail. Then I ordered a new ADC control board, (Took me two hours to find that little freekin thing in the fridge!) replaced it and it's still freezing up. The only thing I did differently is that after installing the ADC control board I removed the Ice maker as it isn't used. My question is; if removing the ice maker would make the ADC board not work correctly and if not, what would be my next step? (consider me somewhat mechanically inclined. :D)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.