Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gator1996  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 4:45:11 PM(UTC)
gator1996

Groups: Registered

My old ice maker would not dispense water. However, you could manually trip the water with a paper clip to fill. Ice would then freeze and dispense into bucket. Replaced with a brand new ice maker and still have the same problem. You can manually trip the ice maker to dispense water and make ice. Is there a valve that's not getting activated? Refrigerator is a Whirlpool model #ET21PKXGW01 and ice maker is a Whirpool #626636. :mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:27:15 PM(UTC)
mattt

Hello. I don't fully understand what your "tripping" with the paperclip, but I can tell you what causes the ice maker to cycle. The thermostat in the ice maker makes at about about 22°F. This is the thermostat you bypass when a jumper wire is used from terminals "t" to "h". I hope you find this information useful!
gator1996  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:16:55 PM(UTC)
gator1996

Originally Posted by: Jerry / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I don't fully understand what your "tripping" with the paperclip, but I can tell you what causes the ice maker to cycle. The thermostat in the ice maker makes at about about 22°F. This is the thermostat you bypass when a jumper wire is used from terminals "t" to "h". I hope you find this information useful!

I am actually tripping "V" to "L" to make the ice maker dispense water. I'm not sure if that's what you meant or if "T" to "H" does it also. I also turned down the temperature last night to see if maybe it was not cold enough and no improvement yet. The recommended setting for the freezer is 3 on a scale of 1 to 5. I just turned down the thermostat to a setting of about 1.5 and cleared out some of the food from around what looks like the vent where the cold air might come out of because the freezer is a little full. Let's see what happens. Thanks for the tip. Is this the only thing that would cause this issue? Rember it's a brand new ice maker, but the same symptom from the old ice maker.
Jerry / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 5:53:02 AM(UTC)
mattt

Hello. Using a jumper wire from "t" to "h" forces a cycle by bypassing the thermostat. Checking it this way insures that contacts in the ice maker are operating properly. From the symptoms you described, as long as temperatures are low enough to satisfy the ice maker thermostat, I would still suspect the contacts in the ice maker motor module. It really sounds more like a temperature issue at this point. If you have a freezer thermometer, I would be interested in the operating temperature of this unit. Let me know if I can help any more!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply