Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
norsirap  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:11:44 PM(UTC)
norsirap

Groups: Registered

ok my kenmore coldspot side by side stopped cooling 2 days ago, I thought I could hear the compressor run but it just seamed to come on for a minute than click off, I was told to check the relay (a white box in the side of the compressor) if it rattleds like it was full of BB's then it was bad. when i took it off it rattled I thought great I just need a relay. My wife took the model # to a local appliance repair parts center to get the relay. they sold her a Supco RCO410 3 n 1 start relay overload start capacitor. I wired it in the way it showed but now I get nothing when I plug the fridge in except the cooling fan under neath that is aimed at the compressor. I noticed that the compressor got pretty warm or even hot to the touch. does this mean my compressor is fried?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.