Discuss

Amana Refrigerator not cooling, freezer working

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I recently purchased an Assy fan motor from you, upon an assessment from a repairman at my home, who was

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Amana Refrigerator not cooling, freezer working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:09 AM

sordna is on a distinguished road
Default Amana Refrigerator not cooling, freezer working
Brand: Amana   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I recently purchased an Assy fan motor from you, upon an assessment from a repairman at my home, who was back to install it yesterday. It took about 15 minutes for the fan to start working since the refrigerator had been unplugged for a couple of days. I waited the 24 hours for the refrigerator to completely cool only to find out this morning that it is not working. I don't feel the blowing of the fan in the refrigerator and it's about 70 degrees. The freezer, however, is working.

Thanks so much for your help,
Connie

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM

amears is on a distinguished road
Default Frig Damper Control

There is a temperature controlled damper that cools the frig portion according to the freezer compartment. This is an easy control to replace and only costs about $45. It regulates the amount of cold air that goes to the frig compartment. Good luck.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.