Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 4:40:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Martin,

What are the exact temperatures in the freezer and in the refrigerator?

Does the fan in the freezer work? If it does can you feel a cold air coming into the refrigerator?

Gene.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:44:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Quote:
...How is cold air sent to the refrigerator compartment : is there a specific fan for this ?...

The fan in the freezer distributing cold air through the freezer and into the fresh food compartment through the damper.

Also there is an air return to provide the proper air circulation. One of possibilities is: this return is blocked somehow. Unfortunately I could not find it on the diagrams. Look for it in the refrigerator.

Gene.
Rich E  
#3 Posted: : Sunday, August 2, 2009 5:46:46 AM(UTC)
Rich E

Groups: Registered

Gene and Martin, I am having the same problem with my refrig. and it's driving me crazy. The refrig. return air is bottom left but it is not blocked ??? I also think it's a damper control problem but not sure how to fix it. I'm still puzzled by the fact that air does not flow in the refrig. compartment until the freezer dor is opened ???? would this happen if the damper was closed ????

Txs,
-Rich E.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 2:41:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Rich E Go to Quoted Post
Gene and Martin, I am having the same problem with my refrig. and it's driving me crazy. The refrig. return air is bottom left but it is not blocked ??? I also think it's a damper control problem but not sure how to fix it. I'm still puzzled by the fact that air does not flow in the refrig. compartment until the freezer dor is opened ???? would this happen if the damper was closed ????

Txs,
-Rich E.

Rich,

Different models work differently. What is the complete model number of your refrigerator?

Gene.
Flatback1986  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:41:17 AM(UTC)
Flatback1986

I am having the same porblem. One week ago I took the freezer apart to find a lot of frost behind the back cosmetic panel. It was so heavy I could see it through the small vent slits. After being unpluged for a half hour while troubleshooting the frost melted off the fins , I then plugged it back in and the fan in the center top off the freezer started right up blowing the freezer air into the top of the refridge like it was suppose to. I put it back together and it worked for another week. Today is was not cooling the refridge again but the freezer is still working good. Is there a way to test the defrost feature? Since my fan works after the heavy frost clears I dont think the fan in the problem. What do you think? Thanks Tim
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:26:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay.

Temperature in the freezer looks pretty good, but the refrigerator is too warm. I would probably blame the damper control because with such temperature it should be completely open.

- The damper control Part number: AP4077555
Part number: AP4077555

Gene.
millstone  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 5:26:29 AM(UTC)
millstone

I have a similar problem, freezer working but frig a bit warm. Did notice that very little cold air is coming out of the damper in the frig, but plenty of cold air in the freezer, so the fan is working. I'm thinking the thermo controlled damper is not working, but hoe do you get the cover off to inspect. It looks like there are tabs on the side and bottom, not sure what I need to do to remove wothout braking it. Your help would be appreciated.

thanks

tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply