Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emgconsulting  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:10:26 PM(UTC)
emgconsulting

Groups: Registered

Got an Avanti Wine Chiller as a gift 2 years ago, which has a digital readout , light, temperature display etc. all electronics seem to work but the fridge does not get cold (outside temp is 80's-90, inside will not get below 79) Compressor is very hot to the touch, tried blowing a fan on the compressor which lowered the temperature a few degrees in some cases but still never got below 79). I used a refridgerator thermometer to confirm the temp guage is correct but when you lower the temp, the unit never gets cold, the compressor and everything appears to 'turn on'. Not much there to observe working.
I called the manufacturer, Avanti only offers 1 year warranty, but will replace the compressor if that is the problem, of course the labor to install is not covered only the part. Looking for ideas / ways to diagnose and eventually fix or determine its useful life. Reviewed other refridgerator diagnostic suggestions but with no freezer, fans etc. not sure where to look and start, Any help is appreciated? also a central NJ based repair place, it is small enough to fit in truck and I can deliver.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

selvol  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:56:44 AM(UTC)
selvol

When posting a question in hopes of a precise and accurate answer. That process starts with YOU. I read your question. And noticed I got more info from the title then the text.

The thing even has a digital readout. And a second thermometer was also used. But you for some unknown reason expected someone to diagnose you chiller with the info you provided. "Cold" What TEMPERATURE is that.
You might as well of said "Strange" or "over there". They would have both done as much justice.

2 thermometers. And not one time did you mention a TEMPERATURE.
Cold. I live is AZ and 80 degrees is cold.

The answer is. It is a Wine "Chiller". Not a Freezer or Refrigerator.

Wine, Is specified to be served 46 - 63 Degrees F

selvol
Mugfind.com
JJsEmail  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:16:41 AM(UTC)
JJsEmail

Hi,

Did you ever get it fixed and if so, may I ask what the repair man told you?

We just bought a used one and the it gets too cold.

What ever we set it on, the thermometer that we placed inside will go UP and DOWN from 34 F to 48 F (without any further setting adjustments).

The DISPLAY digi read out also doesn't register. It just give us " - - ".

The Set button will set to what ever we tell it to, but there is a missing link from the set button process to the actual inside temp along with the readout.

Did you learn anything that may help me out?

thanks!

jj
emgconsulting  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:36:23 AM(UTC)
emgconsulting

Couldnot find a refridgerator guy to even look at it, all said buy another one. Did find a handyman that took it on as a pet project, after several days found several leaks (said soldering was not very good) weeks later, same problem, he fixed more leaks. Thi time it lasted months before failing again, this time it is garbage.
All the lectronics are contained within and not alot you can do to justify the cost, be sure to use a good thermometer to read the actual temperature.
Sorry cant be more help.
JJsEmail  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:43:35 AM(UTC)
JJsEmail

Hmmm...I have a Samsung 52" that keeps having a repeat problem. One repair guy said that he sees it alot in the model that I bought.

If your repair guy said that there was bad soldering, I wonder if Avanti just has bad units.

At least we can keep drinks cold in it, it just can't be used for red wines.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

jj
malpert  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2011 5:34:19 AM(UTC)
malpert

Originally Posted by: emgconsulting Go to Quoted Post
Got an Avanti Wine Chiller as a gift 2 years ago, which has a digital readout , light, temperature display etc. all electronics seem to work but the fridge does not get cold (outside temp is 80's-90, inside will not get below 79) Compressor is very hot to the touch, tried blowing a fan on the compressor which lowered the temperature a few degrees in some cases but still never got below 79). I used a refridgerator thermometer to confirm the temp guage is correct but when you lower the temp, the unit never gets cold, the compressor and everything appears to 'turn on'. Not much there to observe working.
I called the manufacturer, Avanti only offers 1 year warranty, but will replace the compressor if that is the problem, of course the labor to install is not covered only the part. Looking for ideas / ways to diagnose and eventually fix or determine its useful life. Reviewed other refridgerator diagnostic suggestions but with no freezer, fans etc. not sure where to look and start, Any help is appreciated? also a central NJ based repair place, it is small enough to fit in truck and I can deliver.
Thanks

didu ever fix it? mine has the same problem
marv
emgconsulting  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2011 11:11:22 AM(UTC)
emgconsulting

Originally Posted by: malpert Go to Quoted Post
didu ever fix it? mine has the same problem
marv
Found a handyman that actually took it on as a pet project, short version, got fixed said soldering was inferior, held freon for about another two montsh before another pinhole leak, lost freon. He fixed that one (different place) and installed a cooling fan. (like i said apet project) after the third time, he told me forget it, probably wont get more than a few months at a time so got rid of it. Good luck, no avanti anymore
georgeDIY  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:01:14 PM(UTC)
georgeDIY

I have an Avanti wine chiller model no. WC330DZB which became too noisy after a few months of usage. The compressor stopped running and now I hear clicking every 2 minutes, but couldn't hear the compressor noise anymore. Before it quit working, the left side (outer panel) of the chiller was getting warm. Is this problem repairable at a reasonable cost - way less than the cost of a new chiller? Even if I'm able to fix this, can the compressor be silenced?
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 8:34:36 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi
My 7 yr Avanti wine cooler started making a Loud noise.

I would replace but I paid about $170 for this new unit and the same equivalent model is about $900 !!!

So I’d like to fix

What do I do?

Fernando@fernandodelascarnevali.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply