Discuss

GE Profile Refrigerator Ice/water dispenser not working

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Thank you for your time and expertise! I will report back after I order and get the board installed!! Thanks

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » GE Profile Refrigerator Ice/water dispenser not working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Mr-Glass is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Thank you for your time and expertise! I will report back after I order and get the board installed!! Thanks again

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 PM

cajunsman is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem, Interface Display dead. The main board was changed then the display. Nothing works. I checked the connection at the bottom of door & water in coming out of tube with wires, not good. Please help
Cajunsman
Old 05-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsman View Post
I have the same problem, Interface Display dead. The main board was changed then the display. Nothing works. I checked the connection at the bottom of door & water in coming out of tube with wires, not good. Please help
Cajunsman
Hi,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 AM

KJBock is on a distinguished road

Gene I was hoping maybe you could help me. My GE refrigerator model is GSHS6HGDSS. I can press the display buttons and they all work, but when I select the Ice button and then push in the dispenser arm, the panel goes blank and no ice will come out (the ice maker is working). However, I can get water (bit of a delay, but it does work). After playing with it for awhile, the whole display starting going crazy with 00's flashing across the temperature control display. Waited awhile and the panel reset, but still no ice.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM

wgraybeal is on a distinguished road
Default Ice/water dispenser not working

I have a GE Profile Model#PSS26SHRD SS and the ice and water dispenser suddenly stopped working. The ice maker still makes ice, and all of the lights are working, but when I depress the paddle to get ice or water, nothing happens. The problem seems a bit different than the others on the thread as my lights are all still working. I regularly change the filter (changed it when this problem started). Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne Graybeal
Old 07-20-2014, 05:51 PM

myutzy is on a distinguished road
Default Similar issue with interesting discoveries

I have a GE psf26ngwcbb profile side by side. Dispenser not working.

I found and fixed a corroded connection (white2red) under the freezer door. Blue and Black wires were fine. I get 13v between black-white and blue-white behind the dispenser. When I do a diagnostic via the temperature controls I get an F for dispenser communication. I get flashing 0 zeros after a reset. when I check voltage and ohms eventually the 0's go away and the green lights work and even the screen works but it will not dispense ice or water. It will lift the freezer flange but will not turn the ice auger. If I set the number of water ounces to dispense the screen will animate but no water. I tried a new dispenser assembly and it acts the same. Does this mean new mainboard? Prior to finding the corroded connector my lights and screen would blink when triggered and yet sometimes work for ice and water but eventually working most of the time for water but never for ice. Then one day it stopped for water as well and all lights went out.

Last edited by myutzy : 07-20-2014 at 05:54 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.