Discuss

GE Profile Refrigerator Ice/water dispenser not working

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Do you have any reference that I can refer to on how to install the interface display? I just ordered

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » GE Profile Refrigerator Ice/water dispenser not working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 AM

TechBang! is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Do you have any reference that I can refer to on how to install the interface display? I just ordered it. I appreciate your time.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Sure. The instructions are attached to the reply.

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Dispenser assembly.doc (1.14 MB, 74 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Default Thanks :)

Those instructions show a different model but I will check when I get home if the removing instructions just may be the same with my model. I appreciate all your help! Thank you very much
Old 06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome.

These instructions are from the Service manual for a few different models including yours. It should work.

Keep us posted.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-15-2011, 04:36 PM

Will do! Thanks again
Old 06-15-2011, 04:55 PM

Tatersalad is on a distinguished road
Default Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBang! View Post
It was just replaced a month ago.

Open and close the water supply valve a couple times, then check water flow thru the door.

Whirlpool ice maker won't make ice.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Default I tried this and it did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
You are welcome.

These instructions are from the Service manual for a few different models including yours. It should work.

Keep us posted.

Gene.

Gene,

I purchased a new and replaced the interface and the problem persisted. I replaced the interface then the interface was still not lighting up until around 5 minutes later the lights on the display come on then about 5 minutes later after the lights turn off again. Is there another possibility what this can be? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

All power to the LCD board supplied by the main control board (#801 on the diagram) through the J4 connector (in the upper right corner on the following picture).

So, if there is nothing wrong with the wires between the main control board and the LCD board (the wires can be checked for continuity), then the problem is a bad main control board. If it will not fix the problem, then you can return the LCD board (if it's not needed and ordered from APP).

- The main control board kit (the instructions are included) Part number: AP3957581

Part number: AP3957581

Gene.
P.S. This refrigerator has been designed by GE to use a special Diagnostic Aid Kit to functionally test individual components. This kit cost over $100 and is not returnable. That's why there is an element of guessing in my recommendations.

Last edited by Gene : 07-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatersalad View Post
Open and close the water supply valve a couple times, then check water flow thru the door.

Whirlpool ice maker won't make ice.

Are you speaking of the water valve from the wall? I am not for certain if that is the only valve that we are speaking of and if there are any other water valves that I am not aware of. How would I check the water flow thru the door? Please advise.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
All power to the LCD board supplied by the main control board (#801 on the diagram) through the J4 connector (in the upper right corner on the following picture).

So, if there is nothing wrong with the wires between the main control board and the LCD board (the wires can be checked for continuity), then the problem is a bad main control board. If it will fix the problem, then you can return the LCD board (if it's not needed and ordered from APP).

- The main control board kit (the instructions are included) Part number: AP3957581

Part number: AP3957581

Gene.
P.S. This refrigerator has been designed by GE to use a special Diagnostic Aid Kit to functionally test individual components. This kit cost over $100 and is not returnable. That's why there is an element of guessing in my recommendations.

Gene,

I replaced the main control board with no such luck, the problem still exists. How would I go about checking the wires for continuity? I'm guessing this is the last thing to check. Again, youre help is greatly appreciated.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.