Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steeler  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:35:40 PM(UTC)
steeler

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side. The problem is both sides the bottoms will freeze while the tops are warm. Too warm to make ice or freeze on the freezer side. I noticed that my evaporator fan was never on. Defrost is working as I could see it glowing when I removed the cover panel. (It turned off so the cycle is working.) I inspected the mother board and found no obvious signs of shorts that might be seen by the eye. Using a digital volt ohm meter, I performed the test I have seen in this form with the following results: With the interior at room temperature I plugged the fridge back in and testing at the connector for the fan motor, red to white, 13.5 volts, and yellow to white, 13.5 volts. I then found more than 1 k ohm red to white and nothing when I checked yellow to white. (This was checked at the connector leading to the fan motor.) My conclusion is that I need a new fan motor. My question thou is do I still need to replace the board and/or the thermister for this model? I did not see a thermister in the parts diagram (freezer section). Please advise.

In addition, I was just putting it back together when I discovered the left side wire to my heater had melted and although it was working before, I don't know if it will now that I touched the wire as the insulation was crunchy crisp! Could this have been related, as it doesn't seem to be in the same wiring harness? Could it cause me further damage, if I let it run to see if it works? Thanks again for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.