Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Jody, Remove the damper (#115 on the diagram ) and check the motor and switch for continuity, and mechanical parts

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Jody,

Remove the damper (#115 on the diagram) and check the motor and switch for continuity, and mechanical parts of it. If there is nothing wrong then the problem very likely is a bad adaptive defrost control.

- The damper Part number: AP3958400

Part number: AP3958400

- The ADC Part number: AP3959125

Part number: AP3959125

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM

hd4ou is on a distinguished road

Hey Gene, I found a guy here that had a spare dampner. Put it all together and plugged it in and the dampner motor open up then closed and cycled like this 3 or 4 time over a 5 minute period then it just stayed closeed and 3 hours later it still appears to be closed. Still think its the adaptive frost control or is there something else that is susposed to keep the dampner open??
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

If you are sure that this spare damper is good, then the problem very likely is a bad ADC. Unfortunately there are no manuals for this model.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM

well im not sure but it appears to be functional. i mean its a 120 volt motor with a micro switch on the cam that interrupts power to the motor when opened. im assuming there is some sort of control that stops rotation at some point.. both the motor and micro switch appear to be operating as they should. i must admit i am unsure what it is that makes the dampner remain open at a certain point. im certainly not disputing your suggestion.. simply just wondering how it works.. i will see if this local guy has a spare controller and let you know. im guessing its the flat square box under the housing by the dampner about 3 x 4 inchs correct? thanks again Gene...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

According to the wiring diagram the power to the damper motor comes from the ADC, but the position of the damper gate controls by the refrigerator temperature control (thermostat). It is possible the temperature control is bad as well, but you can check it for continuity.

Gene.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 AM

EVERAM is on a distinguished road

Hi! I just wanted to thank you, your info was very useful, change the fan motor, was pretty easy, everything is working fine, you are doing a great service, thank you so much. Eve
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Slashz28 is on a distinguished road

Awesome !! Thank you very much Gene. I may just buy all 3 parts and just replace them. Saves the time troubleshooting, and this way all those components are new.

Thank you very much once again!

Cheers

Tom
Old 04-08-2010, 04:54 PM

ok Gene, i got a thermostat control from Mr. Sellars and checked mine first. notta. installed his and wal lah. everything working great. thanks for the diagram. you are exactly right. thermostat controls dampner position.. this ones quite a bit more complicated than my whirlpool dampner system...thanks again...Jody
Old 04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome Eve. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome Tom.

Most likely all three new parts will fix it, but there is a very small chance that without the proper diagnosis there is something else wrong.

Good luck,
Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.