Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

FFHS2611LWF Fridgedair. Trying to diagnose my fridge issue. Freezer started to seem colder than normal and ice cream turns to

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2018, 10:47 AM

C.R.Meep is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

FFHS2611LWF Fridgedair.

Trying to diagnose my fridge issue. Freezer started to seem colder than normal and ice cream turns to ice blocks. Noticed the fridge side is warmer than it should be. No air flow from the damper control, did notice a tiny frost/snowflake in it. Haven't been able to open it up yet. Not sure I even have the tool to do so. It makes a tiny whine sound now and then.

It's just now begun beeping about being too warm.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a splendid one to behold

Could be a bad evaporator/freezer fan.

Should be ale to get at it fairly easily.

The following manual may be helpful to you.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EhtV0YxUTRrbTA
Side by Side Refrigerator
Old 05-04-2018, 05:05 AM

comcasttechnicalsupport is on a distinguished road
Default Nice

such a nice post
Old 05-20-2018, 05:16 AM

cowolter is on a distinguished road

Hello !
The Whirlpool Refrigerator was manufactured in 2006. The freezer is on top and is able to keep everything frozen. The refrigerator light works, but I am not sure that I can feel any air blowing and it definitely is not cold. Over the past week or so it has been getting progressively less cold. Also, water is collecting in the bottom underneath the drawers.

I unplugged it and let it sit for a few minutes before plugging it back in. I checked the back and there is sufficient air flow.

Any ideas what can be causing the problem?

What can I check?

Thanks
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.