Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have just ordered a new defrost timer for my kenmore model #10650517000 and I can't seem to find a

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 PM

Toddjulie01 is on a distinguished road
Default Defrost timer black wire??

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have just ordered a new defrost timer for my kenmore model #10650517000 and I can't seem to find a tech sheet to know where the black wire goes on what terminal pin. I have watched several videos but have not found a definite answer for this model. Any help would be appreciated.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

All the modern fridg's use the standard connection. Put the wire in the middle pin of the three isolated pins.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 PM

fredpeterson543 is on a distinguished road
Default Refrigerator is too warm?

Hello Friend
solve it please
my refrigerator doesn't get my food cold enough. it's cool but not cold. my kitchen has an uneven floor does this affect temperature. my freezer works fine.

There is my Refrigerator IMAGE.

__________________________________________________ __________
Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 PM

zephlew is on a distinguished road
Default hsm25gftsa

Trying to determine if my Hotpoint has a "defrost timer" and where it is.

Model hsm25gftsa. fridge area warm. frost on back panel.

I have had to unload and defrost it manually twice now. Quite a while between times.

First post on the thread says try "defrost timer" first.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM

mgalland is on a distinguished road
Default Same Boat as the Rest

I have a GE side by side that is fine on freezer side, but only cools to about 45 on the frige side. It also seems to run almost all the time. I just found this site and will check the defroster this pm. Here is model #, GSS22JEMD WW, Serial #VD205604.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM

e30kawi is on a distinguished road
Default Frigidaire FRS23F4CW0

I have this same issue addressed in this thread. I am just not sure where my problem may be. I looked, I don't see any frost or snow at the back of my freezer. But after I plugged the unit back in after cleaning underneath it and the coils, it seemed to cool right down. Its been a few hours since plugging it back in and it does not seem to be as cool or as responsive as it was right after plugging it in. While it is better, its not as it should be. Is it the damper control/fan from the freezer?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:37 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Remove the back freezer panel and check the frost pattern, should be light frost all over.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:25 PM

e30kawi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by richappy View Post
Remove the back freezer panel and check the frost pattern, should be light frost all over.
And if there is front all over? Does that mean I need a new thermostat?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 AM

RUsum1 is on a distinguished road

I still can't fix my stupid fridge. I have tried several different parts and nothing solves it. My defrost heater works. I got a new defrost timer even though I think my old one was fine. I got a new defrost thermostat (not really sure if the old one worked or not).

I even got a new evaporator fan motor because I didn't think that was spinning in order to send the cold air to the fridge but the one I got doesn't match the one I wanted to replace. Then the part that the fan motor connects to started to melt one random day so I removed it completely for the time being.

What is this part?

Picture 1 is of the part while it's put together. Picture 2 shows the fan motor disconnected from the part that I actually need.

I was told that part AP4700070 would replace my fan motor but it does not. The connections are not the same. My actual part number is 241537301 but that is not interchangeable

serial number of my fridge is 4a73622489
It is a Kenmore Elite 253.74223700 Fridge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (68.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (67.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

I checked other sites. The manufacturer no longer makes the original motor so you are stuck with using this one. This site shows a video explaining how to do it.