Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Hi Gene, Had a repair guy here on Sunday the fridge is cool not cold where its keeping just milk

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM

charmntim is on a distinguished road
Default Refrigerator still warm freezer is cold after reapir guy replaced mother board

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi Gene,
Had a repair guy here on Sunday the fridge is cool not cold where its keeping just milk and eggs in there for how long i don't know its just that i put a defrosted chicken in there last night and it was not cold to the touch when i took it out and i had some cooked food that went bad. there was ice on the coil when he opened it. He replaced the mother board said that was the problem but after 2 days the fridge is not COLD.
I just called him to come out and look again. I think he is a "faulty repair guy" he took the box back and the "faulty part" with him i don't know if the part was new I think he reuses the same box for All cusotmers.

What should I ask him when he shows up. Thank you vry much for you time.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/...xzz2I joocc5r
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM

matthew06 is on a distinguished road

my refrigerator has 2 doors. the freezer is ok but the other side is warm. the refrigerator has cold air when you leave the freezer's door open and when you push the ice dispenser.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Does the evaporator fan stop or just the air is not circulating with the freezer door closed?

Gene.
How the reapir guyis here right now he repalced mother board on Sunday and and the coils are frozen again. Can soemone please help me
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmntim View Post
How the reapir guyis here right now he repalced mother board on Sunday and and the coils are frozen again. Can soemone please help me
What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew06 View Post
my refrigerator has 2 doors. the freezer is ok but the other side is warm. the refrigerator has cold air when you leave the freezer's door open and when you push the ice dispenser.
What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

What did you mean: "when you push the ice dispenser"?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmntim View Post

Hi Gene The fan was running anyway here is the latest development. He cmae back and adjusted the temperature control. Sitill did not work. So he said the termostat needing replacing. He said he called GE and the part would take 7-12 days to get so since we needed the refrigerator he would give us back our money $240.00 plus he wanted his Mothe Board back. So I asked for my original one that he said was faulty. LOw and behold after he replaced my "faulty Mother Board" and left the refrigerator is now working. Thanks for you help. The model number by the way is GBS20KPAWN GE brand
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

I'm glad it's up and running. If there is anything else we can help you with, drop us a line.

Gene.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM

Wesley426 is on a distinguished road

I was hoping someone could lend an opinion on my refrigerator issue.

i have a GE GSH25SGPCSS and today noticed the fridge side was warm but the freezer was plenty cold. the frige was 70 degrees. thats when i noticed the door cam seems to be worn causing the door to sit too low and the door switch was not engaging. thats the first problem i found.

There is also another problem as the damper was closed. sometimes it opens sometimes it does not. I pulled out the temp sensor and measured 5k at room temp and 16k in ice water so i think that is ok. It seems to be pointing to the main control board do you agree?

right now the damper is open so i put the sensor in a cup of ice water expecting it to close. It has not yet closed with the temp setting for the fridge on the warmest (1) setting.

any help you could provide would be appreciated. i just wanted to get a 2nd opinion before ordering parts.

thanks,

Wesley

Last edited by Wesley426 : 01-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM

Wesley426 is on a distinguished road

of course now it seems to be working fine when i warm the temp sensor it will open damper and when i put it in ice water it closes damper.

problem seems to be intermittant.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley426 View Post
...i noticed the door cam seems to be worn causing the door to sit too low and the door switch was not engaging...
Hi Wesley,

Most likely that was the cause of the problem.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE GSH25SGPCSS Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.