Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

The freezer fan is exactly the same as the evaporator fan and it should make some noise while it's running.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

The freezer fan is exactly the same as the evaporator fan and it should make some noise while it's running. Also you did not mention what was shown on the display during these tests.

The only way how to get to the fan is to remove the rear panel inside the freezer. Very likely the fan motor is the culprit.

- The fan motor Part number: 13062901

Part number: 13062901

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 AM

PL28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
The freezer fan is exactly the same as the evaporator fan and it should make some noise while it's running. Also you did not mention what was shown on the display during these tests.

The only way how to get to the fan is to remove the rear panel inside the freezer. Very likely the fan motor is the culprit.

- The fan motor Part number: 13062901

Part number: 13062901

Gene.

Thanks Gene, I install the fan last night and the fridge is cold now. thanks for your help again.

Last edited by PL28 : 12-14-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running. It's good to have a working fridge right by the Holiday season.

Happy Holidays!

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM

cecilcohen is on a distinguished road

Gene, I have a side by side Jenn Air JCB2389GRS fridge is not cold (48 degrees). I checked behind freezer and I had NO frost.
Seems like cold air only forcefully enters fridge when the freezer door is open. Otherwise it feels like just a light trickle.
I accidentally pulled damper door off so there should be no restrictions but had No improvement. I also checked return vent on bottom left wall and nothing is blocking it.
Any ideas?
Thanks a million!!!
Cam
NJ

Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilcohen View Post
...I checked behind freezer and I had NO frost...
Can you explain it more detailed please?

Does the fan inside the freezer work?

What is the temperature in the freezer?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Jenn-Air JCB2389GRS Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 PM

cecilcohen is on a distinguished road

Gene, thanks for the reply...I got to thinking about the airflow and realized my problem had to be with the vent on the bottom.
I looked at it carefully and pushed on the blue plastic that covers it and it snapped open. I began to see some air flow back. Then it came to me...lol
Something sticky spilled on the vent return plastic and caused it to seal shut.
The fridge is working fine now!!!
Thanks for this very helpful forum.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to find the cause of the problem and fix it. If there is anything else we can help you with, drop us a line.

Gene.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM

wmd1942 is on a distinguished road

Hi Gene, I have a Kenmore Refrigerator and the Model # is 25352642303. I noticed the constant clicking noise from the top-left side of refrigerator before evaporator fan finally runs. I think the Adaptive Defrost Control unit is bad and ordered a brand new one (Part #: 5303918476). After removed the old ADC out, I found out I have to use the new wiring harness, too. The problem is that the new harness does not have a two-pin connector for fast ice/fast freeze heater (from freezer side). The weird thing is that the installation instruction sheet (Note 4) indicates such connector should be on new harness. But I just can't find it. I went back to ADC IV kit page and can't find it in the picture either:

Frigidaire 5303918476 Adc Iv Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com

How do I proceed? Should I leave the fast ice/fast freeze heater unconnected?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd1942 View Post
...The problem is that the new harness does not have a two-pin connector for fast ice/fast freeze heater...
Hello,

I believe it should the black plug with the blue & red wires connected to.

Gene.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:18 PM

wmd1942 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply. No, the one you referred is for damper motor. As you can see, there are 4 connectors on the wiring picture (not including plugs for ground and front thermostats): two at left-lower corner are the damper position switch and 9-pin connector. The center one (black) is for damper motor. The upper left connector is for ADC IV.

I never used "rapid ice" feature on my refrigerator. Is it ok to leave connector for fast ice/fast freeze heater unconnected?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.