Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Sorry for not posting it, it is FRS26R4CW0 Just got home and fridge is 20 degrees

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 PM

Brac is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Sorry for not posting it, it is FRS26R4CW0
Just got home and fridge is 20 degrees

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

The problem can be a bad cold control, a bad damper control, a bad adaptive defrost control of any combinations of them. Also Frigidaire does not sell the damper control separate. It comes as a part of the control box kit which includes all control parts. It cost a bit more than a single part from the above list but it will make the repair much more reliable.

- The control box kit Part number: 5304482075

Part number: 5304482075

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FRS26R4CW0 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 PM

Gene, Somehow when I got this fridge I ended up with a spare Ice maker an Electrolux 240352409. Could I send this as a partial trade? It has never been opened.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Default A good smack gets it going.

So, I have found that when it starts to get around 40 degrees if I smack the control box, it starts blowing cold air. Any chance of a bad connection or something on the damper?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Such chance is very small.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM

Part arrived and was installed, fairly simple job. I have a thermometer in the fridge and I'm on "1" for the fresh food setting and only at 30 degrees. I have the freezer side on "3" and temp in there is 12 below. I'm a bit concerned, as I don't have much more room for adjustment.
Brac
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

It is too cold in both compartments. Try to set the freezer control on "2" and check the temperatures after 24 hours. Set it on "1" if it's still too cold.

Gene.
P.S. Did you load the fridge with food?

Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 AM

I really don't understand. Before I changed the part when the fridge would get too hot or too cold, I would reach in a give the control box a lite smack. As soon as I smacked it I would hear the dampner motor turn on and it would either stop blowing cold air or start blowing cold air which ever was needed.. The control box that was shipped to me acts the exact same way. I got up this morning and it the fridge was 27 degrees, I gave the control box a light tap, and it stopped blowing cold air.
Please advise.
Thanks
Brac
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 AM

GeneL56 is on a distinguished road

Kenmore 106.74254401: Freezer on top, frige on bottom. The freezer sometimes does not keep ice cream and frozen juices hard, but it does produce ice and keeps everything else frozen. the frige has problems staying above 44 degrees even though i have the thermostats set at maximum. Coils under the fridge are clean. I took off the back panel of the freezer and no frost/ice is present. I located the damper door in the frige portion and it was shut tight so i manually pried it up a little and stuck a popsickle stick in the opening to keep it open a bit. that seems to help the cooling in the frige somewhat--I do feel air flow coming out of the shute. And the popsickle stick remains in place so i don't think the damper door is opening/closing on its own. The fan in the freezer compartment does run and air comes out of the tower. Question: do you think my problem is just with the damper? Just replace the damper control or ?? thanks !
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 AM

GeneL56 is on a distinguished road

I didn't intend to make this my "blog" BUT: so after I posted the last question, I put the back freezer panel back on and while closely observing the damper door, i turned the freezer thermostat down to "1", and the damper door opened! As I turned the freezer therm "up", the damper door began to close. So I am leaving my freezer therm in a lower setting to see if that solves my problem with fridge cooling. If fridge cooling is able to maintain at proper temps, my remaining question will be: why has my freezer not been able to consistently maintain sufficient coldness to keep ice cream/frozen juices hard? My ice cream and frozen juices would turn to "soup" consistency and then refreeze somewhat. Continued thanks !
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.