Discuss

Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Thanks for the link; I was pretty sure it was the control board but just wanted to double check

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer is fine, refrigerator is too warm.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 AM

dlmoorevmd is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Thanks for the link; I was pretty sure it was the control board but just wanted to double check

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgreen View Post
My Amana refrig is warm, freezer is fine. Model ARB9059CS. Manufacturer #PARB9059CSO. The coil was completely iced over.

Checked the defrost timer per instructions in original post. Didn't hear the sizzling sound.

Can you please:

1. Let me know if I should be replacing anything besides the defrost heater and defrost thermostat (I'm not really clear on how to check continuity and would rather just replace the proper parts). I'd rather replace anything recommended as opposed to running into this problem again; and
2. Confirm the proper part numbers for the defrost heater, defrost thermostat, and any other part I need?

Thanks!
If you would like to save some $$$ then it's better to check these parts for continuity. You will need a simple ohmmeter. The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog meter or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter.

Otherwise you have to order all three parts.

- The defrost timer Part number: AP4077325

Part number: AP4077325

- The defrost heater Part number: AP4078863

Part number: AP4078863

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4009073

Part number: AP4009073

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA ARB9059CS REF - BOTTOM MOUNTS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr11 View Post
Got it.
Can this be checked at the board or do I get to do my Superman impersonation with freezer disassembly one more time? :-)
The most reliable way to test the thermistor is to remove it from the refrigerator by cutting off the wires far enough to splice it back later and placing the thermistor in iced water for about 10 minutes. The normal reading in such situation should be about 16 Kohms.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM

brgreen is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Gene. If I didn't hear the sizzling sound when I adjusted the defrost timer with the screwdriver, is it safe to assume that it doesn't need to be replaced?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

It is possible.

Gene.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Hi Gene,
I going to replace my defrost heater on my Amana refrig. I have the new part; however, I'm having a hard time seeing how I install it. Do I need to remove the evaporator in order to replace the defrost heater? If so, how. If not, then how do I get the defrost heater in without some serious bending?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Hi Gene,
I going to replace my defrost heater on my Amana refrig. I have the new part; however, I'm having a hard time seeing how I install it. Do I need to remove the evaporator in order to replace the defrost heater? If so, how. If not, then how do I get the defrost heater in without some serious bending?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 PM

garagewear is on a distinguished road

I have a Whirlpool Gold GC3NHAXV01. Has a constant beep and the fridge temp has risen to about 65. I have replaced the evap fan motor and defrost thermostat then noticed the damper was not opening to the fridge. I opened up the damper and the motor closed it back and still beeping. I unplugged the damper motor and the beeping quit. Is it the damper motor or the controller board?

** Just noticed the evap fan runs a couple of minutes, cycles off and beeps then starts back.

*** It ran all night. Freezer is -2 and Fridge is 49. I don't feel it blowing anymore but still getting the beep. Now the frequency is about every 30 seconds.

Last edited by garagewear : 07-01-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagewear View Post
I have a Whirlpool Gold GC3NHAXV01. Has a constant beep and the fridge temp has risen to about 65. I have replaced the evap fan motor and defrost thermostat then noticed the damper was not opening to the fridge. I opened up the damper and the motor closed it back and still beeping. I unplugged the damper motor and the beeping quit. Is it the damper motor or the controller board?

** Just noticed the evap fan runs a couple of minutes, cycles off and beeps then starts back.

*** It ran all night. Freezer is -2 and Fridge is 49. I don't feel it blowing anymore but still getting the beep. Now the frequency is about every 30 seconds.
Run the Service Diagnostics mode as described in the attached Tech sheet and post the results.

In the model number you posted you missed one letter between "V" & "0".

Gene.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Service and Wiring Sheet - W10152830 -GC3NHAXVY01.pdf (1.33 MB, 29 views)

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 AM

JimScharenbroch is on a distinguished road

Hi Gene,

I seem to be having the same problem as many others seem to. The freezer works fine but the refrigerator doesn't. We have a Kenmore side by side Model #253.53713300.

We discovered that if we tap on the Temperture Control box - the fans starts up and the refrigerator cools back down to 30 degrees in about 15 minutes but then shuts off until we tap it again. Without tapping it - it's around 50 degrees. We have both the freezer & Refrigerator set at the highest settings in hopes of keeping the food at least somewhat cooled in the refrigerator. It seems the place we need to tap is on the Fresh Food dial. Any idea of which component we should try to replace first?

Thanks!!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.