Discuss

GE refrigerators (GS* & PS* models), the evaporator fan motor test and replacement.

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Hello, Unplug the refrigerator. Remove the wire from the J9 terminal at the control board and check for continuity between

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » GE refrigerators (GS* & PS* models), the evaporator fan motor test and replacement.

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello,

Unplug the refrigerator. Remove the wire from the J9 terminal at the control board and check for continuity between this wire and the neutral wire connected to the J7-9. The normal reading suppose to be about 22 Ohms. If the reading is different, check the defrost heater and the overtemperature thermostat for continuity. Post the results.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 AM

freddyrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Hello,

Unplug the refrigerator. Remove the wire from the J9 terminal at the control board and check for continuity between this wire and the neutral wire connected to the J7-9. The normal reading suppose to be about 22 Ohms. If the reading is different, check the defrost heater and the overtemperature thermostat for continuity. Post the results.

Gene.
OK, is there a wiring schematic diagram posted anywhere? Just want to be sure I get J9 and J7-9 correct. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyrick View Post
OK, is there a wiring schematic diagram posted anywhere? Just want to be sure I get J9 and J7-9 correct. Thanks.
I'm not sure how it can help you because all terminals and connectors are marked very clear but I attached it to the post.

Gene.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 31-51487 - GSH25SGPASS.pdf (150.4 KB, 6 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM

freddyrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not sure how it can help you because all terminals and connectors are marked very clear but I attached it to the post.

Gene.
Got it. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM

GBEARSS is on a distinguished road
Smile Frige keeps warming up.

Quote:
I don't see anything else at this time.

Gene.
Hi, Bought house with GE fridge Model; GSS20IETAWW that warms up second time in 3 wks. Bought new cond. fan motor last time ,havn't installed yet. New fridge 2K,not likely.What should I be looking for to test. Your experience base seems quit broad.thanks in advance. Glenn.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 PM

GBEARSS is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBEARSS View Post
Hi, Bought house with GE fridge Model; GSS20IETAWW that warms up second time in 3 wks. Bought new cond. fan motor last time ,havn't installed yet. New fridge 2K,not likely.What should I be looking for to test. Your experience base seems quit broad.thanks in advance. Glenn.
Follwed test till it said contact a pro. Found a bad heater bulb,installed double heater bulb.He said pump unit working ok cause center door post warm. Will feel more confedent if I have trouble in the future. Thanks again. Glenn Bearss.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.