Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
2007HD  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 6:05:02 AM(UTC)
2007HD

Groups: Registered

My ice maker will not shut off when it the container is full, OR even when the ice maker control switch is turned off. When you open the freezer door, on the right side of the cabinet is a ice maker control panel. This control panel has the on/off switch, as well as the electronic eye/sensor, I believe, which is supposed to turn off the ice maker when the container is full. I believe this ice maker control panel requires replacement, but cannot locate the assembly in any parts listing. Do you agree with my theory? Can you please help?
Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:42:01 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Look at the on/off switch. On that switch you should see a light it will be blinking, on steady or not on. This page will explain what each one means. Whirlpool Icemaker Repair Guide

If you determine you need the emitter and receiver board the part number is 4389102.
2007HD  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:00:54 AM(UTC)
2007HD

Thank you for your reply. The llight does not blink either with the flapper depressed or not, BUT, taking it a step further I tried unplugging the fridge for 30 seconds in hopes of resetting power and I got two different outcomes depending on the position of the on/off switch before powering the fridge off and on. With the switch OFF before resetting power, it blinked twice, paused, blinked twice again, and then nothing, with flapper in either position. With switch ON and then resetting power the light came on for approx 3 seconds steady, then went out and would not come come on again regardless of flapper position. Do you think it is the emitter and transmitter board?
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:38:11 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Yes, I believe the emitter and receiver boards are bad. Both come in a kit with the part number above.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply