Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nails1  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 11:21:26 PM(UTC)
nails1

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser on my refrigerator is not working. So far I have confirmed there is no blockage in the door by removing the water line below the door and moving air through the line and out the water spigot. I have also confirmed there is no blockage in the water line between the water valve in the back of the fridge and the where the water line reaches the bottom of the freezer door. I hear a buzzing sound when pressing the water dispenser. The ice maker works perfectly. I am assuming that I need to replace the water valve assembly in the bottom rear of the fridge. From what I have been able to find on the net so far, that is most likely the culprit but I could use some expert advice just in case my novice senses are wrong. Also I found part #4389177 on the sears parts direct website - is this the correct part? And how do I hook up the quick connects on this part with the screw on connectors from my old water lines?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nails1  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 11:45:02 PM(UTC)
nails1

Also, the water filter is brand new and we replace them religiously every 6 months.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:43:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad water inlet valve, but before order the part I would do two things: make sure the water reservoir in the refrigerator (behind the bottom drawer) is not frozen and check if 120 VAC coming to the water valve solenoid while the water dispenser calls for water.

If there is nothing wrong then the water inlet valve is the culprit. The part number you posted is correct. It comes with the installation instructions.

- The water inlet valve Part number: 4389177
Part number: 4389177

Gene.
nails1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:56:06 PM(UTC)
nails1

Thanks very much for the quick reply Gene!
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:23:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
nails1  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:31:27 PM(UTC)
nails1

Thanks Gene. I changed out the valve today and it's working perfectly!

This is a great site because people like yourself are willing to help others. Thanks again!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:45:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thank you for good words. I'm glad you were able to fix it. Thank you for the feed back and good luck with your refrigerator.

Gene.
micdenton  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 4:20:44 PM(UTC)
micdenton

This is a great thread! Our Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator stopped dispensing water, but the ice maker continued to work. For a few days beforehand, we noticed that it would take a second or two before the water would flow. Then it stopped entirely. Based on internet research, we verified that water hadn't frozen in the tube, so we bought the valve before moving the fridge out, just to be ready with a repair part.

It turned out that the supply hose had split. The plastic tube going to the valve sits near some copper tubing on the rear of the fridge. I'm guessing that temperature changes over time caused the tube to become brittle and eventually develop a fissure. When we flexed the tube, it split in half entirely. Another tube back there was brittle too. We removed all the brittle parts and used a coupler to connect the tube back together.

Now we have an extra valve for when it goes bad.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 4:02:31 PM(UTC)

United States

Had the exact same issue. Removed the bottom two drawers on the fridge side and found the tubing frozen solid. Held a hair dryer on the line for a short while and water started flowing to the dispenser again. Thanks for your help.
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2024 9:35:45 PM(UTC)

United States

My refrigerator has no power to the user interface ice and water dispenser in the door any suggestions
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply