Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wildwhiz  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 4:35:12 PM(UTC)
Wildwhiz

Groups: Registered

I've been chasing a non-defrost problem around for several weeks; changed the easy stuff (defrost timer, defrost termostat). Seems the likely culprit will be the defrost heater. I'd like to test continuity of this, but I find it impossible to reach both arms into the SxS freezer compartment to unplug the thing. This heater is mounted behind the condenser coils, and all I can forecast is damage to the coils and fins if I have to dismount the assembly. How to get the heater element out? From the back? Anybody know? Thanks for your responses.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:41:36 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Looking at your diagram #12 Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ED27DQXAN04 | AppliancePartsPros.com you can see your heater and evaporator and heat shield hanging on clips. It looks like the type of heater that runs across the bottom and up each side. Hope this helps.
Wildwhiz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:00:24 AM(UTC)
Wildwhiz

Groups: Registered

Right, Woodchuckie, the assembly is perfectly in full view. There's a little lip around the freezer side panels that restrains the assembly from being pulled forward. With the heater element being behind the evaporator coils, how does a person get it removed? Especially as there's room for only one arm to reach in there? And the heater end plugs are behind the evaporator unit, so they can't be unplugged for a continuity check. I hope I'm describing the situation clearly. Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply