Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DT645  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:39:29 AM(UTC)
DT645

Groups: Registered

I have A GE Profile frige (PFSS9PKYASS) with a Samsung ice maker (DA97-07365A).
After replacing the water filter, the ice maker made very very large cubes and the pressure from the in-door water dispenser increased. Now the ice maker will not work (cycle) automatically.
It will work only when I push the reset button. The maker will cycle, dropping the ice and then refill. when the maker refills a "ding-dong" tone sounds (error code?). Then, as stated above, the ice maker will not drop ice unless I push the reset button. I have removed the ice maker from the refrigerator for several hours (hoping to reset it) but upon reinstalling it, the same continues. I have also shut off power for 10-15 min. but it's just like pushing the reset button. I have very good water pressure, the temp in the ice compartment is always -2 or below and I replaced the original water filter with the same model. Will a new ice maker fix this issue or is there something else wrong? :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DT645  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:59:27 AM(UTC)
DT645

Originally Posted by: DT645 Go to Quoted Post
I have A GE Profile frige (PFSS9PKYASS) with a Samsung ice maker (DA97-07365A).
After replacing the water filter, the ice maker made very very large cubes and the pressure from the in-door water dispenser increased. Now the ice maker will not work (cycle) automatically. It will work only when I push the reset button. The maker will cycle, dropping the ice and then refill. when the maker refills a "ding-dong" tone sounds (error code?). Then, as stated above, the ice maker will not drop ice unless I push the reset button. I have removed the ice maker from the refrigerator for several hours (hoping to reset it) but upon reinstalling it, the same continues. I have also shut off power for 10-15 min. but it's just like pushing the reset button. I have very good water pressure, the temp in the ice compartment is always -2 or below and I replaced the original water filter with the same model. Will a new ice maker fix this issue or is there something else wrong? :confused:

Why doesn't anyone help with his issue? If this has been answered before, I can't find it. Could someone answer or provide the link to the answer, please?
#3 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 5:42:46 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
GE PFSS9PKYASS. I'm having the same issue. Ice maker quit working after 15 years. Replaced ice maker assy DA97-07365A with OEM part. Ice maker will run one cycle of ice (9 cubes) and stop. Remove the ice maker assy and the tray has frozen cubes in it. Defrost, remove cubes, reinstall, the same thing happens. I have also replaced the water filter and water valve assembly with no change in operation.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply