Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LeeHamilton  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 2:05:53 PM(UTC)
LeeHamilton

Groups: Registered

Have a Frigidaire FPES19TPLO S/N LA23012429 manufactured 8/92 that apparently has a defrost system problem - after about a week the back wall of the freezer is covered with frost and the refrigerator compartment starts to warm up. Have manually defrosted using a hair dryer several times but the problem keeps recurring.

Took a look around the internet and what diagrams I can find don’t show where the defrost timer is located.

I presume the coils, defrost heater and thermostat are behind the back wall judging from the parts reference picture. There are several hex heads showing on the back wall, but there is also an ice maker installed in the freezer – although we don’t have it hooked up. Any tips on removing the ice maker and back wall to get at the defrost heater and thermostat if the defrost timer checks out ok, or manually setting the timer does not defrost the freezer.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.