Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Liam H  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 5:13:45 AM(UTC)
Liam H

Groups: Registered

I recently purchased the part AP3775595 (WR49X10091) - Refrigerator damper assembly for my refrigerator. After an easy installation, the fan is noticeably louder during operation than the original part that I replaced. It is quite loud when the refrigerator door is closed and when I open it and push the Switch Light, the fan is much louder than the original part. It does seem to be turning on and off as it should. Is the fan supposed to be very loud? I replaced the part because of the broken damper door. I have also had to set the refrigerator setting to 7 out of 9 for cooler temps. It's maintaining correct temperatures at that setting although it used to be fine at 5 or 6. I'm thinking that the loud fan is not moving enough air or the new design of the ducting has directed less cold air to the top shelf, thus changing the coldness throughout.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:40:24 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would check the evaporator motor end bushings, may be too soft and the fan blade is hitting the housing. I usually shim them up with rubber gromets.
Liam H  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:09:15 PM(UTC)
Liam H

The evap fan is in the freezer section and isn't making any unusual sounds. The fan in the damper assembly that I recently installed is what is loud. It looks similar to a computer case fan or a processor fan, but is louder than my old one. I thought about wiring the old fan back in to the assembly, but figured it's getting old at 9 years already. The fan kicks on and off in normal operation and turns off if it is currently on when the refrigerator door is opened. I can hear the fan if the refrigerator is closed and even in the next room.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:25:36 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the old damper assembly makes little noise, I would call this parts site and request a replacement.
Liam H  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:00:06 AM(UTC)
Liam H

Thanks for the help! I am getting a replacement part. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply