Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SalvatorePDX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:31:52 PM(UTC)
SalvatorePDX

Groups: Registered

This is a hot point, literally. We recently (six months ago) had our refrigerator replaced. The new one is a Top Freezer unit by HotPoint, model number HTR16ABSHLCC.

The unit works great so far. The thing is my daughter is Trouble; note the capital T. She often does her own facial waxing. No matter how much I fight her on this she insists on using the stove to heat her wax.

Well, this time she not only used the stove but she apparently tried to cool the dang stuff in our new freezer. This resulted in the floor lining of the freezer melting. The small metal wax "pan" melted a quarter size hole through to what looks like insulating material. It's solid material. I can wipe it down with a cloth so it's not flowing or particulate.

I know that cracks in the walls of freezers are bad but I've never heard of this kind of situation. Is the freezer still safe? Will that hole in the floor of the freezer cause it to eventually malfunction?

It seems to be working fine but I'm not an expert. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Salvatore A.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.