Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Indy2727  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:37:54 AM(UTC)
Indy2727

Groups: Registered

Recently the icemaker on my refrigerator has stopped making ice or at times makes it very slowly (1-2 batches per day). At times I've found finished ice on top of the ice maker but it seems the arm isn't pushing it sufficiently to eject it into the bin. Any ideas? IR sensor has a solid red light so I don't think that's the issue. Water is coming fine out of the water dispenser on the door. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:39:21 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Here is the service manual for your model ice maker. It has has some troubleshooting information in it that you may find helpful.
http://appliancejunk.com...ownloads;sa=view;down=43
Indy2727  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:33:09 PM(UTC)
Indy2727

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the manual and did some troubleshooting. Still not sure what's going on. The optics are working normally, there is water going into the ice maker, and the ejector arms are moving. But several hours later after having reinstalled everything, there are cubes in the trays but none have been ejected. It almost sounds like a faulty motor for the arms since it moves but isn't maybe strong enough at this point to eject solid cubes when they're ready. Is my logic flawed there? When I removed the ice maker everything appeared clean with no hard water buildup apparent on any of the parts. This is my first attempt at refrigerator repair so my expertise to really get into the problem may be somewhat lacking. I'm thinking a new ice maker is probably cheaper than a diagnostic service call. Any other tips anyone can think of before I just order a new one?
Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
Here is the service manual for your model ice maker. It has has some troubleshooting information in it that you may find helpful.
http://appliancejunk.com...ownloads;sa=view;down=43
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply