Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickandjoe  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 7:15:08 AM(UTC)
rickandjoe

Groups: Registered

I have a 3 yr old upright freezer with a Deluxe Electronic Temperature Control on it that is flashing CE and will alarm every 5 seconds if not silenced which can be done and will stay silenced for 12 hrs and then start beeping again. I have been told that CE stands for communication error. What exactly does this mean and what is the importance of immediate repair. I do want to have it repaired, so therefore, do you have the part that I looking for?
Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 9:00:06 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLFU2067FW6 FREEZER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a tech sheet for this unit.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...df/StCloud/297079601.pdf

And lastly here is a service manual.
Frigidaire Electronic Controled Freezer 5995482584 Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

CE errors can be a number of things.
1. Can be data errors between components on a board.
2. Can be data errors between boards.

First I would unplug the unit and check/replace the 9 volt battery.
Be sure to disconnect the battery even if it is good.
By removing all power from the unit it may reset an electronic fault.

If that does not fix it, unplug the unit and clean the connectors between the boards in the unit.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rickandjoe  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 9:15:36 AM(UTC)
rickandjoe

Thanks denman,
I appreciate your quick response. I will save your info for future use, but I actually resolved my problem from a service company. They recommended that I actually turn off the circuit breaker to the freezer, not just unplug it which I had already down and strangely enough it worked. Take care.
#4 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 3:58:31 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a question on a microwave magnatron. Looking online for used replacement and came across several.My question is the main number is the same but the other three are not same. Any idea if that matters. I cannot find info explaining these number letter codes. This is off a Whirlpool WMH 32519 HV-1, magnetron Toshiba 2M253 J, 7H33, 36, HS-B. Lot of numbers. So the only number matching any other magnetrons is 2M253 J. Appreciate any input on this. Frank
#5 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 4:00:56 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a question on a microwave magnatron. Looking online for used replacement and came across several.My question is the main number is the same but the other three are not same. Any idea if that matters. I cannot find info explaining these number letter codes. This is off a Whirlpool WMH 32519 HV-1, magnetron Toshiba 2M253 J, 7H33, 36, HS-B. Lot of numbers. So the only number matching any other magnetrons is 2M253 J. Appreciate any input on this. Frank
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply