Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WarmFridgeRoger  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 5:24:27 AM(UTC)
WarmFridgeRoger

Groups: Registered

Help! We have had this lousy side by side fridge for about 4 yeras. The compressor fan was replaced twice under warranty and once on my dime, but it never worked particularly well. About a year ago the freezer started freeezing up and the fridge compartment warmed. We turnedd it off and lived with a small fridge we have in the house.

A couple of months ago there was some kind of safety 'recall' and it was repaired by a factory rep, who told me my problem was the defroster timer. I picked up the part here and replaced it last week. For the first 2 days all was well.

Now the refridgerator compartment is warming and the freezer is not too cold either, but I do not see any ice forming -- at least not yet. A ball of pizza dough was put in last night and is still not frozen solid, although it has hardened.

The machine makes a loud noise, which we have heard before, somewhere between a hum, a grind and a virbation sound, which seems to pulsate. Cold air can be 'seen' blowing in to the top of the freezer compartment. Immediately after the timer replacement, cold air could be seen blowing into the refidgerator compartment as well, but that stopped a couple of days ago.

Any ideas? Should we give up and truck it to the dump or is there some other repair I can try? We live in NY and I do not want to spend $350 for a repair call.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.