Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cockatielmax  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:54:26 AM(UTC)
cockatielmax

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile Performance side-by-side fridge (model TFX27PPBA), and just got RO installed for my wife (for fridge and kitchen sink, not whole-house RO). I have what I am pretty sure is the right plug to bypass the filter (both GE and a local appliance store came up with the same part number -- WR02X10173).

Removing the filter is a snap, done it many times, just a 1/4 turn and it is off. Like an oil filter on your car, but only 1/4 turn and its off. Problem is that what you then see is not going to accept the plug that I got.

I've looked for an online image of the plug -- no luck. Other than a piece of plastic on the one end to hold on to the thing, it is shaped like TV cable ... it is a hollow plastic tube slightly bigger than 1" diameter, tube wall thickness maybe 1/8", and coming out from the center of the inside of the tube is a plastic pin, about 1/8" diameter, and the the length of the pin extends slightly past the end of the tube, by about 3/8".

What I see in the bottom-center of the assembly where the filter was, is a cylindrical piece of plastic ("nipple") about 3/4" long with a small hole in the end. This nipple is designed to fit in to the opening of the filter. The plastic pin of the plug will not fit in the hole in the end of the nipple, and even if it would, that wouldn't make sense to me, because you'd be trying to get two "male" pieces to fit in to each other, and social commentary aside, that doesn't work very well.

This is why I think that some of the assembly that the filter goes on to has to be removed for the plug to be used. But I see no way to disassemble it. I am stumped.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.