Discuss

Water Dispenser Delays Dispensing

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

There is a 5 to 10 second delay after pressing the water dispenser lever on my Kenmore side-by-side. If it

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Water Dispenser Delays Dispensing

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 PM

Ed60062 is on a distinguished road
Default Water Dispenser Delays Dispensing
Brand: Kenmore   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

There is a 5 to 10 second delay after pressing the water dispenser lever on my Kenmore side-by-side. If it is pressed again, water flows immediately. After not being used for several days it takes about 35 seconds for water to flow. There are several identical posts about this problem but none has an answer. Where do I start diagnosing this problem?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-07-2013, 06:25 AM

jhopkins99 is on a distinguished road
Default Water Dispenser Delay

To resolve a very similar issue on my GE Profile Artica side-by-side, I replaced the Water Inlet Valve. The Water Dispenser now starts immediately and shuts off after the cup is removed. Replacement was simple and took approx 15 minutes. Although the part shipped without instructions, google "How to replace Water Inlet Valve" and you will find many helpful videos. Good luck!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.