Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjkauf001  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2007 4:50:45 AM(UTC)
jjkauf001

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side GE Refrigerator door. The door on the refrigerator closes very slowly and does not seal.

Noticing that the gasket on the door was cracked with the magnet partially bent and sticking out prompted me to purchase a new gasket. After some work to put the new gasket in place and tighten the screws well I have noticed only moderate improvement. The gasket does meet the door well, and when I push hard on the door I can get it to seal lightly.

I noticed that the freezer door moves up and down as it closes with a fair amount of momentum that seems to result in a good seal. The refrigerator door does not close with any significant momentum.

My question is it the "cam" that closes the door with momentum, and does the fact that refrigerator door does not move up and down indicate that the cam, which seems to be part of the hinge, need to be replaced. If so, what should I be purchasing.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.