Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbouc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:13:57 AM(UTC)
dbouc

Groups: Registered

We have a kenmore coldspot refrig that is 10 years old. We are experiencing alot of standing water that is apparently leaking from the above freezer. In the past we just cleaned out the drain line in the freezer and we were good for another coouple of years. Now that doesn't seem to work. We have cleaned out the drain line twice and still have a good amount of water collecting and freeezing on the shelves and in/under the drawers. We also have a problem with items freezing in the refrigerator if they are placed close to the walls or on the bottom shelf. The temp in the refrig is at the recommended level. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it? thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:59:14 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...We have cleaned out the drain line twice...

Have you cleaned the bottom end of the drain?

Quote:
The temp in the refrig is at the recommended level

Have you measured the temperature? What is exact temperature?

Gene.
The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it.
dbouc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:25:16 PM(UTC)
dbouc

Gene

the model number is listed as 106.77108791 (Note: as I said the refrig is 10 years old...the 0 in the model number could possibly be an 8). As for cleaning out the bottom of the drain I'm not sure what you mean. What we have done is taken everything out of the freezer and removed the back panel to expose the coils. We have cleaned out the ice in that drain located on the floor of the freezer until we are able to pour water in the drain and see it in the pan located underneath the refrig. If there is somewhere else we should be cleaning out, please advise. thanks
dbouc  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:32:42 PM(UTC)
dbouc

Originally Posted by: dbouc Go to Quoted Post
Gene

the model number is listed as 106.77108791 (Note: as I said the refrig is 10 years old...the 0 in the model number could possibly be an 8). As for cleaning out the bottom of the drain I'm not sure what you mean. What we have done is taken everything out of the freezer and removed the back panel to expose the coils. We have cleaned out the ice in that drain located on the floor of the freezer until we are able to pour water in the drain and see it in the pan located underneath the refrig. If there is somewhere else we should be cleaning out, please advise. thanks

I JUST CHECKED..THE MODEL NUMBER IS 106.77188791
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:47:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Have you cleaned the bottom end of the drain?

I meant the end of the drain which goes into the drip pan. If it's clogged with lint then it will slow down the drain and cause it to freeze up.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply