Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gregorylex  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:42:25 PM(UTC)
gregorylex

Groups: Registered

Hello! Thanks for entertaining my question. The good husband was advised when our automatic ice maker wouldn't stop filling with water, you need to replace the water inlet valve. So we ordered one from here, and he put it on. Well, the problem is not solved. When the icemaker cycles, and fills with water, it just won't stop! Someone next suggested the new part we ordered from you was defective, and that we should buy another one. Well, before I throw good money after bad, I thought I would see if you had another idea. Number one: Is there a way to test the old (original-factory-installed) water inlet valve that he took off the frig, to see if indeed it was broken and needed replaced? Or maybe I could coerce him into taking off the new one he so lovingly installed, and have it tested, if there does exist a test to prove if it is defective or not. I'm clueless, but IF I continue to have him cold ice already made these hot summer days, we might remain still married. If not..... well, it's just not a pretty thought. The ice maker line does have an in-line filter on it, and we do have extremely hard water here in central KY. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.