Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Olewunshot  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 8:59:30 AM(UTC)
Olewunshot

Groups: Registered

I just received the stripper arm (AP4507899) for the ice maker, and started disassembly. But, I cannot get either end of the wire harness to unplug, and am delaying the use of "excessive force". Are there any helpful hints as to how these unplug???:confused:
Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 1:47:33 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olewunshot Go to Quoted Post
I just received the stripper arm (AP4507899) for the ice maker, and started disassembly. But, I cannot get either end of the wire harness to unplug, and am delaying the use of "excessive force". Are there any helpful hints as to how these unplug???:confused:
Thanks!!

Olewonshot,

The harness to the icemaker has retainer clips on the top and bottom of the connector, you need to press down on the clip handles and pull out on the harness, it may take a "little" force, but nothing excessive. It usually takes a flat blade screwdriver to remove the harness at the control head, insert it near the retainer tab sticking up through the control head housing, carefully and pry the connector out.

Of course, you have already unplugged the refrigerator power cord, or turned power off to the refrigerator, so you don't shock yourself.

:) :) :)
macandal  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:03:03 PM(UTC)
macandal

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Olewonshot,

The harness to the icemaker has retainer clips on the top and bottom of the connector, you need to press down on the clip handles and pull out on the harness, it may take a "little" force, but nothing excessive. It usually takes a flat blade screwdriver to remove the harness at the control head, insert it near the retainer tab sticking up through the control head housing, carefully and pry the connector out.

Of course, you have already unplugged the refrigerator power cord, or turned power off to the refrigerator, so you don't shock yourself.

:) :) :)
Is there a step-by-step diagram showing how to install this? Mine came off, it doesn't appear broken, and I can't put it back on. I think this is why it is not making ice any more. Thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 5:40:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: macandal Go to Quoted Post
Is there a step-by-step diagram showing how to install this? Mine came off, it doesn't appear broken, and I can't put it back on. I think this is why it is not making ice any more. Thanks.

Macandal,
Provided you have the same model number or version of the refrigerator, With an indorr ice dispenser this should help you out.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply