Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomL2233  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 5:18:26 PM(UTC)
TomL2233

Groups: Registered

Ice maker will not stop. The LED is out. Bought a new set of PC boards and installed them. The LED blinked twice every few seconds and it dumped water all over my floor. Put the old board back and it's back to making ice non-stop. What can I do?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:52:01 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Try turning the icemaker off by sliding the switch over to block the optics. Once you do that does it still make ice? If so I would think the boards are bad but I am not sure why the new boards would make water come in the floor. I didn’t think those boards have anything to do with running the water. Its possible that the new boards are faulty.

Where did the water come from? Did it overflow the icemaker or come from under the refrigerator?

Whirlpool Icemaker Repair Guide
TomL2233  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:42:18 PM(UTC)
TomL2233

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
Try turning the icemaker off by sliding the switch over to block the optics. Once you do that does it still make ice? If so I would think the boards are bad but I am not sure why the new boards would make water come in the floor. I didn’t think those boards have anything to do with running the water. Its possible that the new boards are faulty.

Where did the water come from? Did it overflow the icemaker or come from under the refrigerator?

Whirlpool Icemaker Repair Guide

The switch does no good, on or off the outcome is the same. The LED is out on the existing board so it most likely failed in the "on" mode. The new board LED was blinking twice (from instructions says board is bad) and the water would not shut off in the ice maker flooding the floor. I put the old board back in. No LED and keeps making ice with stopping.
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:46:14 PM(UTC)
applianceman

It definitely sounds like your existing board is bad. As for the new one
when the light blinks twice it means that the optics are blocked. What does it do when you unblock the optics by pressing in on the flapper? If it still blinks twice the board is bad. If when you press the flapper the light is solid the optics are working properly. I would look at other causes for the water-leaking problem because I don’t think the optics will cause this although I am not 100% sure.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply