Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vernonpayne  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 1:53:50 PM(UTC)
vernonpayne

Groups: Registered

have ge refrig drs side by side w/ice dispenser in frz dr. order replacment ice maker pn AP4345120 was told by a rep at appliancepartpro.com that it will work and of course it won't fit. Have 2 problems 1st. when I install it on the existing screws it sits too low in the frz. Unable to reinstall ice tray because the ice maker is too low. 2nd. the new ice maker come with adapter cable to connect to the existing plug. there is just no room for all of that cable in frz with the ice tray install.

So i think i must have the wrong ice maker it just can't be that diffcult to install

Can u help me with right pn# for replacement ice maker
tks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:06:48 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Groups: Registered

That icemaker will work for any GE refrigerator with the exception of some really old models with round cube icemakers.

As for the adapter wire yes, it is a pain but it will work. Try using tie straps one to hold the wire in place and one around the plug to keep it plugged in.

As for it being too low I have experienced this as well but I have never seen one that was so low I couldn’t get the ice bin in. You just have to lift up on the front of the icemaker to slide the ice bin in.

I agree it is aggravating to install and it is not an exact fit but it is all you will get for this refrigerator and it will work.

For do-it-yourself appliance repair help visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply