Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tiaschof  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:08:39 PM(UTC)
tiaschof

Groups: Registered

I purchased a GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator secondhand and I've hooked it up. The ice maker is working but does not dispense. None of the buttons work on the display.. I've pushed them all but nothing lights up or makes any noise. Do I need a new main control board or is there something else that could be wrong?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SSBandits  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 4:17:54 AM(UTC)
SSBandits

Originally Posted by: tiaschof Go to Quoted Post
I purchased a GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator secondhand and I've hooked it up. The ice maker is working but does not dispense. None of the buttons work on the display.. I've pushed them all but nothing lights up or makes any noise. Do I need a new main control board or is there something else that could be wrong?

I am having a similar problem. Seems as if everything works but the display says Off for both. When I hit the refrigerator controls up or down it moves and displays what the current settings are; however, when I close the door and reopen it it returns both to off. The book said it may be in Showroom Mode and to unplug it and plug it back in, but that did not reset it.

GE Profile Artica Refrigerator Display PSS29NGNAWW
xmojeezyx  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:58:19 PM(UTC)
xmojeezyx

Did you ever receive an answer on why your display says off when you push a button?
richard4222  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 4:59:59 PM(UTC)
richard4222

I am having the same trouble with my GE Profile Arctica except mine has now started beeping inside when the doors are closed. I would love to know the answer , also.
Lisaslcsw  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
Lisaslcsw

I am having a similar problem, purhased the fridge secondhand and recieved it today. The display worked in the shop. I noticed that behind the grille are some wires connecting from the back of the fridge to the bottom of the door that at one time appeared to be spliced together with packing tape. I could easily reconnect them, however the wires coming from the door are black, white and yellow. The wires coming from the back of the fridge that were likely connected are black, red and blue. I have no idea what colors should connect with what colors. If anyone could help I would certainly appreciate it. I have not found a wiring schematic online.
Thanks!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply