Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jd61497  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 4:56:09 AM(UTC)
jd61497

Groups: Registered

My fridge is not dispensing water, the ice maker is making ice but no water, I tried using a blow dryer inside the freezer to see if the tube had frozen over but nothing. I took the back off and it seem there is a small pump the has three different valves where the water comes in not sure if that needs to be replaced? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:04:21 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

I believe what you are calling a small pump is actually the water inlet valve.

It is #55 in this parts diagram for your model refrigerator.
Ice maker replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23KR4AW6 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

If you are sure that the water line is not frozen you could check to see if you are getting voltage to the water inlet valve. If you have voltage to the valve and the line is not frozen I would replace the water inlet valve.
jd61497  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:15:09 AM(UTC)
jd61497

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I believe what you are calling a small pump is actually the water inlet valve.

It is #55 in this parts diagram for your model refrigerator.
Ice maker replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23KR4AW6 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

If you are sure that the water line is not frozen you could check to see if you are getting voltage to the water inlet valve. If you have voltage to the valve and the line is not frozen I would replace the water inlet valve.

If the icemaker is working, would that mean the the inlet valve is getting voltage just not functioning properly, also not sure where I should be trying to defrost the water line. Is there a certain location which is best? How do I check the voltage?
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:27:29 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
If the icemaker is working, would that mean the the inlet valve is getting voltage just not functioning properly,

The water inlet valve in your model refrigerator is a duel water inlet valve.
One side of the valve is for the ice maker and the other side for the water dispenser. So the ice maker side of the water inlet valve could be working fine and getting voltage, but it really has nothing much to do with the water inlet side for the dispenser. Hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.

Quote:
also not sure where I should be trying to defrost the water line.

If the water line is frozen it's often frozen in the freezer door. The water line that runs to the dispenser should enter the freezer door down at the bottom of the door. Take a look down there for a splice in the water line were you can disconnect it before it enters the freezer door. You may have to remove the grill at the bottom of the refrigerator to find the splice.

Take the water line apart at the splice and with the freezer door shut try the water dispenser to see if water will flow out at the splice. If you have water flow at the splice then you know it's frozen in the door.

Have some towels handy to catch the water. :)

Let us know what you find.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply