Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nmeadows722  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:26:13 AM(UTC)
nmeadows722

Groups: Registered

I have a Thermador Refrigerator with a built in ice maker and the icemaker just stopped making ice.
I have water at the dispenser door, but no water to the ice maker.
I removed the ice maker and saw nothing obvious. I found several test points on the icemaker, but no service manual. ( I have a meter ).
I checked the inline fuse in the wiring harness and measured approx 10 Ohms. Any other suggestions or t-shooting help would be greatly appreciated. Nathan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:46:26 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Try swapping the wires on the dual water inlet valve. Then try the water dispenser. The water should go to the ice maker. This will tell you weather or not the ice maker valve is working and if the line is clear. After that you can concentrate on the ice maker.
nmeadows722  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:39:37 AM(UTC)
nmeadows722

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: woodchuckie Go to Quoted Post
Try swapping the wires on the dual water inlet valve. Then try the water dispenser. The water should go to the ice maker. This will tell you weather or not the ice maker valve is working and if the line is clear. After that you can concentrate on the ice maker.

I located the dual water solenoid under the frig by the water filter. The water solenoid is mounted on a bracket with two screws. I remove the screws and the bracket is loose, but I still cannot remove the dual solenoid. Any suggestions on removing this part to swap the wires as suggested. Nathan
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply