Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sbfw44  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:10:09 PM(UTC)
sbfw44

Groups: Registered

I have a Samsung RS2544SL. I bought it from Costco in Oct of 2005. Never had problems until last year. I was told the main pb board or something like that went out and I had it replaced also the fan in the fridge compartment (pardon my lack of knowledge but I am not an expert). I have since moved to Mexico and the techs down here are all afraid of Samsung refrigerators especially the ones made in the USA (or purchased there dont know where they are made). They have different samsung refriegerators down here. I have been having problems with the fan in the fridge icing up. Every so often (last time was about six months ago) I have to take it apart and remove the ice from the fan manually. This Sunday it happened again, so I went ahead and did it and that was that. Later in the week the light in the display (fridge temp) was flashing and noticed the fridge wasn't cooling so I turned it off and found ice build up in the fan as well as the evaporator in the fridge, as well as ice build up in the evaporator in the freezer. I ran a self diagnostic but nothing appeared and then I ran a load operation check function and to the best of my ability I got the following results

No 2- R-Fan low
No 4- Start mode
No 8- Comp
No 10- F-Fan low
No 13- C-Fan low
No 14- Dispenser Heater

My problem is I do not know what this means, also the last tech told me the defrost cycle was malfunctioning and since I had already replaced the PB Main Board I now had to replace the following parts:

DA47-00095E THERMO FUSE-ASSY 1
DA32-00006W SENSOR TEMP-DEFROST-SENSOR (SVC ONLY)
DA61-00453A SENSOR - FIXER SENSOR - ICE MAKER 1
DA47-00095C THERMO FUSE-ASSY 1
DA47-10160E THERMO BIMETAL 1
DA60-00042A SPACER-EVAP FRE 1
DA62-00053A INSULATION-EVAP REF,A 1
DA62-00083A SEAL-AIR REF

My question will this solve the problem as the tech only did a physical inspection and never ran the test I have mentioned above (dont think he knew how). I oredered a few parts on my own as the insulation broke las time I removed the cover on the fan in the fridge, the sensors are what they told me to order. :confused::confused::confused::confused:Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sergio
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.