Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
masska  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:19:13 PM(UTC)
masska

Groups: Registered

I am not getting any water from the dispenser. I get crushed and cube but when I switch over to water nothing happens>

Can anyone help to say what could possible be wrong or what part I need?

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:17:38 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

When you try the water can you hear the water inlet valve on the back of the unit working. Have someone listen back there to be sure. If not it could be the switch in the dispenser.

If you do hear it you can disconnect the water line at the bottom of the freezer door and try it. If you get water there, the water line is probably frozen in the door in which case you can leave the door open till it thaws.
masska  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:05:58 AM(UTC)
masska

Thanks, I will try it and let you know
asidpara  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:46:13 AM(UTC)
asidpara

I have exactly the same problem in my whirlpool ED25RQXXW00. How do I get access to the valve. I can hear the microswitch clicking but no water. The ice maker is working OK. I tried to see the drawing but could not tell whether the valve is in the front or back .
masska  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:30:44 AM(UTC)
masska

I tried what you were suggesting and the valve was working so I opened the freezer door for about a hour and that was the problem.I can now get water from the dispenser. Thank you so much, woodchucki. YU De Man. I really appreciate your help.:)
So,asidpara, I would suggest you try the same thing on the Whirlpool before you go pulling anything. Worth the try.
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:19:49 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Originally Posted by: asidpara Go to Quoted Post
I have exactly the same problem in my whirlpool ED25RQXXW00. How do I get access to the valve. I can hear the microswitch clicking but no water. The ice maker is working OK. I tried to see the drawing but could not tell whether the valve is in the front or back .

The water inlet valve you should hear is on the back near the bottom maybe behind the cardboard backing on the left.

masska: Thanks for the sweet reply.
asidpara  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:36:50 PM(UTC)
asidpara

Well. I opened the back cover and checked for the power supply at the valve. It seems the pwer was there at the connector but I did not hear any sound coming from the valve. This also means that the Water Dispenser switch is working OK. I am concluding defective valve. Now, please let me know what happens if I disconnect the water line connected to the valve. Should I be prepared to plug the line or shut off the valve under the kitchen sink where the water supply line is connected. I am sorry to bother you again but I never did this kind of work and do not want to mess up anything else.

I noticed larger diameter line for the water and smaller one for the icemaker going straight up. ( Whirlpool Model # ED25RQXXW00). I will appreciate your response.

Ami Sidpara
Kennewick, WA
woodchuckie  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:08:16 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Originally Posted by: asidpara Go to Quoted Post
Well. I opened the back cover and checked for the power supply at the valve. It seems the pwer was there at the connector but I did not hear any sound coming from the valve. This also means that the Water Dispenser switch is working OK. I am concluding defective valve. Now, please let me know what happens if I disconnect the water line connected to the valve. Should I be prepared to plug the line or shut off the valve under the kitchen sink where the water supply line is connected. I am sorry to bother you again but I never did this kind of work and do not want to mess up anything else.

I noticed larger diameter line for the water and smaller one for the icemaker going straight up. ( Whirlpool Model # ED25RQXXW00). I will appreciate your response.

Ami Sidpara
Kennewick, WA

Cut the water off.
Some connections have a valve you can close where the fridge line connects to the water supply. Other than that you should have a shut off under the sink which only shuts off the fridge water.

Another check for the dispenser switch is to swap the wires on the dual water inlet valve. This way the dispenser will work the ice maker valve and send water to the ice maker unless you disconnect the water line coming out of the inlet valve, then you can see the water coming out at the valve.

What's your concern with the different size water lines. Your's aren't or are.
DaveCon  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:17:37 PM(UTC)
DaveCon

I have the same problem....no water. I had my freezer door replaced and all seems to work except the water. I watched it being done and it looks like all was put back exactly the way it was on the old door. When I push on the dispenser I can hear a click from the dispenser, then a moment later from what sounds like the back of the fridge....but nothing comes out. I don't think the line in the door can be frozen because it is a new door. Doesn't seem like any water coming in - haven't seen any ice made in the last few hours. Also to note my filter has not been changed for a long while, could that have anything to do with this mystery? Anyone have other ideas...Help!
asidpara  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 3:50:17 AM(UTC)
asidpara

Thabnks for the explanation. I have ordered the valve ($26). There was no any concern on the size of the lines. I was just trying to understand the technical point. I also got your point about swapping the wires to test the switch. It is a very good point. Obviously you have very good knowledge combined with indepth experience.
It is nice to have people like yourself to help people like me. Now a days, the repair cost is just outrageous. The local repair shop owner told me that just to vist a residence, they charge $100. Labor and parts are extra.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply