Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rleescott  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 8:27:22 AM(UTC)
rleescott

Groups: Registered

I powered it on and noticed zero ice, but I could hear the water inlet valve operating and the compressor and condenser fan were running. it seems to me that pump failure is the likely explanation, but if the pump has a hose that runs to the freezing plate, and it cracked or came loose inside the water pan, there would be no or reduced water flowing to the plate. I see moisture on the plate, but never flowing water. If you would be so kind as to answer these questions:

1)Should I see a constant flow of water, waterfall, on the freezing plate?

2)If I turn the knob to clean, does that turn on the pump without the compressor or fan, so that no noise proves the pump is not running, rather than a broken hose? If so, this is an easy way to diagnose pump failure.

3) I intend to remove the water pan and see if the impeller is frozen. If so and I can move it, will it then function normally, or does this mean the pump/motor needs to be replaced?

4)I notice the hose on top to the water distributor looks to be larger than I expected, maybe 1/2 inch. In looking at on line parts, one vendor says most no ice is due to broken hose, and lists 1/4 inch tubing as a replacement for my model. I don't think the hose I am looking at above the freezing plate is 1/4 inch, unless the hose wall is very thick and the internal diameter is 1/4 inch. Is there more than 1 hose, or is this seller's info unreliable?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.