Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Refrigerator & Freezer Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/)
-   -   Water dispenser and interior lights started working sometimes vs all. (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/360410-water-dispenser-interior-lights-started-working-sometimes-vs-all.html)

jow2 11-21-2011 02:00 PM

Water dispenser and interior lights started working sometimes vs all.

Our Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model # 795.7724*, 795. 7725 Water dispenser and interior lights started working sometimes vs all.

1. It appears to be related to switches on the doors or "shacking the Frig" like something is loose. With the doors open the lights and dispenser might go off or come on by repeatedly opening and closing the doors. It appears more sensitive to the bottom freezer drawer toward working or not. We found all 3 switches (2 upper doors, 1 bottom freezer drawer) and they appear to be working properly do to the lights going off if depressed. BUT! Working the switches will not get the lights or dispenser on instantly vs when they are ready. Otherwise, it cools and freezes fine and runs while there are no lights and water. This is a re-post due to missing Brand and Model #.

Additional:
2. Is there a service manual on line, in most libraries or at Sears or etc that you have found helpful?

3. Are any codes stored that can be easily read related to problems?

4. Are the boards or motherboard easy to access and where on the Kenmore? I have serviced the bottom rear coil and fan w/o seeing a board or other compartments.

Thanks For Any Help In Advance! jow

ScottEge 11-21-2011 02:57 PM

Do you suspect that the refrigeraator lights stay on when the refrigerator doors are closed. ie: any spoiled food on top shelf or light bulb cover misshapened. If so call the number on your model identifacation label inside the fridge. 1-800-4-my-home.
Let me know how it works out

jow2 11-21-2011 05:32 PM

Thanks for the reply ScottEge and I will reply on any findings.
I do not suspect any lights staying on vs not coming on due to the water dispenser and lights are out with the interior lights. Plus, when the interior lights are on, you can see them go out as the doors are closed.

jow2 11-26-2011 09:53 AM

Water dispenser and interior lights started working sometimes "Results"

It appears the problem with the lights and water dispenser was the electrical connection at the wall receptacle/plug. As I removed the cover to check for any loose connections at the control board I notice the plug basically had no resistance. Plus, almost any movement would make the lights come on or go off. I spreaded the prongs slightly to get good resistance and contact. I had checked this earlier but d/n notice how loose the connection was. All has worked well for 3 days now. BUT! Why would the compressor and Etc continue to run when the Lights and dispenser were off at times? My wife alerted me that the compressor was not always on when the lights were not and I told her that could be normal. Until I noticed the compressor come on 2-3 times with the lights. I knew it was time to get busy looking or call for service.

Thanks for your comments and opinions. jow