Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RonLM  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 7:06:52 PM(UTC)
RonLM

Groups: Registered

Can't get ice maker to dump ice. On another post (Kenmore, but different model #), they were requested to check the voltage between Test points "L" & "N" for 120vac. I did this on my ice maker and got 120vac. they were then told to short test points "T" & "H" to make the ice maker run. I hesitate to do this until I can confirm that this is what I should do for my particular model. The numbers on the ice maker are 106 626662. Not sure if this is a model #, catalog #, part #, or what.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 9:22:28 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Yes, you can do this on your icemaker. When you do it should bypass the thermostat and go through the cycle. This link may help Whirlpool Icemaker Repair Guide
RonLM  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 12:01:00 PM(UTC)
RonLM

Thanks for the direction to the Whirlpool Icemaker repair guide. I was not shorting the points long enough. The guide says short for at least 15 seconds to start the motor. When the motor tried to start, found that the gear on the front of the icemaker was loose. Under futher investigation, found that one of the prongs on the end of the shaft was broken. I need to replace the shaft. Got a P/N for that?
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 1:38:00 PM(UTC)
applianceman

No need the only thing you need is the motor module I think the part number for that is on that page.
RonLM  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:23:13 PM(UTC)
RonLM

I checked the P/N on that page (628210) and even though it says it's for a motor modular, it comes up as a gear (P/N AP2939805) for $3.95. I just browsed thru 18 pages of parts on your website and found that the P/N for the Motor Modular is AP4359694. This one looks just like mine, so I have ordered that. Someone needs to correct the P/N 628210. I don't know if P/N-628210 is pointing to the wrong part, or if they have the wrong P/N listed on the repair guide. Again, thanks very much for your help.
applianceman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 6:40:14 PM(UTC)
applianceman

AP4359694 here is the APP part number. That must be a misprint thank you very much for letting me know the page is only a few weeks old and this problem will be fixed.
wguapo  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 8:11:27 AM(UTC)
wguapo

hi, my name is William and I need to by this part AP4359694, here can I find it
thanks
AIMANNY  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 4:23:34 PM(UTC)
AIMANNY

Groups: Senior Expert

UserPostedImage enlarge photo
Whirlpool icemaker kit (fits many brands) - Made by Whirlpool. This icemaker replaces most Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid and Sears Kenmore (with model prefix 106) brand icemakers. Kit includes wiring harness, mounting hardware and instructions. Use this kit when replacing an exsisting icemaker. This model does not fit refrigerators that have the ice auger assembly mounted on the door and the electronic sensor to sense ice level.

Part Number: AP2984633
made by WHIRLPOOL

Sale price: $96.50
Compare at: $124.87
You Save: $28.37

UserPostedImageMore Info
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply