Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abrogard  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 1:52:13 PM(UTC)
abrogard

Groups: Registered

We've got just an old Malleys 'Tucker Box' freezer which the donor says was working find when they last used it, months ago.

This is an Australian item made by Email with the 'malleys' name, I think, until Email was bought out by Electrolux.

It seems to be working alright now, too, except I'm worried it doesn't seem to be switching off. It has been running for two days now.

We switched it on and thought it was okay simply because the motor ran.

A couple of hours later we loaded 25kg of meat into it. Just enough to nearly fill the bottom well. The freezer itself (I don't know the capacity) is about 80% empty I'd say.

It has frozen that meat alright so surely it should stop?

I wonder if anyone has any advice? I don't suppose I'd be lucky enough to find anyone with Malleys Tucker Box experience or a manual, but in general terms, perhaps?

regards,

ab :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:53:40 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

If the temperature in the freezer is cold enough 0,5 or 10 degrees and
if it has an adjustable thermostat, slowly turn it warmer to see if it turns off. If it doesn't until you get to off the thermostat isn't working.
abrogard  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 7:22:07 PM(UTC)
abrogard

Groups: Registered

It doesn't seem to have a thermostat. there's no controls at all except for a switch for 'Fast Freeze' on the front of the lid. It also has a green light for 'Power On' but that doesn't work.

The only possible is a rotating switch (if you know what I mean, a knob you can rotate.) mounted on a white plastic rectangular card down at the bottom at the back in the motor cavity.

The plastic has a black arrow on it pointing towards the switch. the switch has a direction to it and seems to be pointing 180 degrees away from that arrow. Which means it is pointing in the same direction as that arrow.

I rotated it through 180 degrees with the things switched on and the motor running. Nothing happened. It didn't switch off. I put it back where it was.

Behind that plastic thing it seems as though a thin metal pipe (only about 2mm) comes to this thing and then away from it. That's the kind of pipe you see leading to thermostats. So that's why I say it is possible.

Do you think that would be it? And it's broke? Have to run the thing manually until I can get a fix?

:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply