Discuss

freezer gasket not sealing

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have ice building up inside the freezer on the bottom of the compartment. I replaced the door gasket and

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » freezer gasket not sealing

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

clarkl is on a distinguished road
Default freezer gasket not sealing
Brand: Jenn-Air   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have ice building up inside the freezer on the bottom of the compartment. I replaced the door gasket and feel certain this was the problem because the top right and left corners of the door had black sediment ( probably from sucking air ), and the inside of the door between the compartment and the outer door housing I had ice build up on the upper section of the door. I cleaned up all of the ice build up and installed the new gasket and where the gasket was folded in shipping it is a little deformed and is still not sealing properly. What can I do to help the gasket to lay down and seal this door?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

Use a heat gun or hair dryer to work out the bad places. Also once you get it in shape rub a thin film of Vaseline on the entire length of the door gasket. For future reference soak the gasket in hot water for a few minutes before attempting to install the gasket this will normally take care of the problem you are having. Refrigerator repair guide

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.