Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joesick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:21:05 AM(UTC)
joesick

Groups: Registered

I have an old Fridgidaire refridgerator/freezer that I need to find a part for. Here's the problem-it will not defrost. The defrost timer seems to function properly, I have checked and it does move and it changes contacts when it should defrost. The defrost heater coil ohms out the way it should so I guessed that the thermostat was bad. I removed it fron the circuit because it has a connector on one end and is wired directly to the defrost heater coil on the other end. It rattles when shaken and doesn't seem to have continuity. I checked it both when warm and frozen (cold), so I guess it is bad. I can't find a part for it but there is a number 1135693 on it. This looks like a Fridgidaire part number. I can wire one back in, if I can find a compatible part. I went to a ************** part store and they said it was a 90 degree thermostat but they did not carry it. Any ideas? Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:06:45 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Any one will work for you. If they can tell you what the ones they have are you can pick the closest. Just make sure it will fit against the evaporator like the old one.

Check this one out. Part 23 diagram 4. Look at the parts and not the diagram. The model number is close to yours.
joesick  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:10:53 PM(UTC)
joesick

Thanks for the reply. I am new to this, so how do I find the mentioned part 23 diagram 4?
woodchuckie  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:55:40 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, new doesn't have anything to do with it. Here's the link. Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FPCI21TCA1 | AppliancePartsPros.com
joesick  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:24:35 PM(UTC)
joesick

Thanks for the link. It is similar, but it this one attaches to tubing, so it lookes like it has an indention for the tubing to fit onto the face of the thermostat. Mine has a flat face and mounts onto the steel frame that surrounds the evaporator coils and is just a little to the right of the freezer fan motor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply