Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teachckg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:16:12 AM(UTC)
teachckg

Groups: Registered

It is a side-by-side profile fridge. Our water dispenser DOES work but the ice maker does not make any ice, does not even make noise as if it is trying? I went through the "trouble shooting" in the manual but did not find anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:55:10 AM(UTC)
applianceman

[FONT='Times New Roman']Cut the icemaker off for 30 seconds or more and turn it back on. Then push in on the feeler arm (white arm that moves in and out) three times within 15 seconds of cutting it on. If done correctly the icemaker should go through a cycle and run water in. If it goes through the cycle and doesn’t run water replace the water valve. Look in the tube where water enters the icemaker to see if it is stopped up with ice. If it is you will have to remove all the ice then replace the valve.

If when you push the feeler arm in three times it doesn’t seem to spring back on its own the spring may be broken or out of place.

If when you start the icemaker as I describe above the icemaker doesn’t go through a cycle replace the icemaker.

Note that if you replace the icemaker make sure that you remove the Stripper (#821 on the icemaker parts diagram) from your old icemaker and install it on you new if it doesn’t come with on that come with one that looks like your old one. Because with out this part ice will get hung when it dumps and it once took me 6 months to get this part from GE. Hope this helps!! Refrigerator repair guide
[/FONT]
jeffproo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:05:43 PM(UTC)
jeffproo

Originally Posted by: teachckg Go to Quoted Post
It is a side-by-side profile fridge. Our water dispenser DOES work but the ice maker does not make any ice, does not even make noise as if it is trying? I went through the "trouble shooting" in the manual but did not find anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Try checking to see if there 's ice in supply line filling ice tray, if so get your hair dryer and melt the ice.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply