Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cob12  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 12:22:02 PM(UTC)
cob12

Groups: Registered

When dispenser is pressed, solenoid engages (clunk) motor sounds as if it is trying to run, but 90% of the time it won't turn - replaced the motor and the solenoid on the advice of the local parts guy (was he motivated to sell a part?) - problem is exactly the same. I figure there must be something else, just not sure what it could be. every other part is pretty much and electronic part that i figure would either be dead or alive (not intermittent?).

i may have been better off to leave it dead in the first place at this stage. Already down a chunk of cash on a fairly old machine (9 years).
Thanks in advance for help.
Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 6:29:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Rob,

Looks like the problem is a bad power control board (#38 on the diagram). This part is inexpensive and you always can return it if it's ordered from APP.

- The power control board Part number: AP2151632
cob12  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:48:32 AM(UTC)
cob12

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene. replaced the part. fixed the ice maker problem, but now the light on the front door doesn't work... but i can live with that. based on the fact that the build date for the 'new part' they sent was 2002, i presume these are all old replacement boards and the light problem is just a different issue with this board (the old board makes the light work but not the ice maker on double check... argh.) Wish i would have come here first as it would have saved me nearly $100 on other parts and much time. thanks again.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:32:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If the light did work with the old board then looks like the new board is defective. You can easy exchange it. Just call the customer service.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply